And that may be an understatement. First, when my coworker and I checked in, they had lost my reservation. The desk attendant was friendly but seemed annoyed to be working there.
When I got to my room, it wreaked of potpourri. Not in a good way. It was the cheap stuff (think your grandma's bathroom). Overwhelming and nauseating. I assume it used to be a smoking room, and they were just covering it up. I'd rather deal with the smoke.
The furniture was banged up, and the linens were old and dingy. The beds were small. The view out my window was a cinder block wall.
I was awoken early in the morning by the sound of construction equipment. My coworker had an even worse experience as his room was in the MIDDLE of all the construction. In fact, he was awoken at 6:30 a.m. when a strange man entered his room and was startled to find someone sleeping there. "Oh, I didn't know they put anyone down here," he said. "You know, there's construction going on down here, right? Well, sorry. Try to get some sleep."
When my coworker exited his room that morning, ALL of the rooms in his wing were open and being worked on, except for his of course.
Needless to say, we checked out early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Hotel & Oasis Convention Center is conveniently located at I-44 and N. Glenstone in Springfield, MO. With 173 beautifully decorated guestrooms, guests can enjoy double or king rooms, poolside rooms, private courtyard rooms or one of our lavish executive suites. Our guestrooms feature in-room refrigerator, complimentary wireless internet, 37" LCD Flat Panel TV, Coffee Maker and much more. The Ramada Plaza Hotel offers an indoor saltwater pool and hot tub nestled in a gorgeous tropical inspired atrium. Other amenities include an outdoor heated pool, business center, fitness center, complimentary airport shuttle service and a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. The Ramada Plaza is also home to one of Springfield's favorite restaurants, Fire & Ice, featuring the area's only ice bar and a delicious menu with a variety of dry aged steaks and seafood specialties. For groups and events, our beautiful state of the art convention center offers over 30,000 square feet of versatile meeting space, a creative culinary team, and state of the art audio visual. We look forward to having you as our guest soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Oasis Hotel Springfield
- Ramada Oasis Hotel And Convention Center