Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Kansas City, Missouri
“Retro Chic”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This place reminds me of a mid-century motor inn, redone and ramped up. All rooms are indoors but outside it has that motor inn feel. The room furishings are chic, modern with nod to a by-gone era. Kohler faucets with raised sinks, mid century modern furniture and rich, classic tiling. My room was by the indoor pool, fresh plants and a seating area outside my room didn't feel like I was inside at all. Rooms are equipt with all the amenities - microwave, fridge, flat screen tv, and safe. Parking was plentiful. The restaurant food was excellent. Yes, there are some expensive choices but there are also reasonably priced sandwiches, pasta, and appetizers.
The hot breakfast was good, a lot of choices, but nothing spectacular.
Check in was easy, staff was friendly.
Room by the pool was a little noisy but by 10:00 all was quiet.

Room Tip: The rooms around the pool are large, walk right out to the patio and pool area. Would be great for a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mishandy, General Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Tamara,
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Ramada Oasis Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you found your stay with us comfortable and enjoyable.

I also appreciate you taking the time to describe our hotel and very much loved your "retro chic" description. I will definitely be using that description in the future.

I noticed that you were able to have dinner in our restaurant, Fire & Ice and I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I will share your wonderful comments with our culinary team as I know it will make them very happy.

Thank you again for your awesome review! I hope that anytime you travel to Springfield, the Ramada Oasis will be your preferred hotel!!!

Hope to see you soon!
Missy Handyside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
New Harmony, Indiana
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a very comfortable and visually striking hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. Beds and linens were top quality. The hot breakfast is one of the best I've had. Large salvers of two versions of scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, potatoes, fluffy biscuits, and gravy. Numerous cold cereals, lots of fresh fruit, juices, coffee and tea, milk, chocolate milk, pastries, bagels, and toast complete the morning menu. Skilled and hospitable hostess on call to meet your needs. And served in a large spacious atrium filled with fountains and huge tropical plants. A completely lush environment with beautiful light streaming in. The morning was snowing outside but the atrium was warm and felt tropical. Wonderful and relaxing morning experience! I could have lingered but needed to get on the road. The lobby and halls were striking and architectural. The website photos do not do justice to this great and reasonable hotel. Would go back in an instant if I ever travel to Springfield again. A Plus!

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor facing the atrium with our own little terrace with two chairs and table. Yo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dollie,
WOW, what an awesome review you shared on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis Hotel in Springfield, MO. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our future guests!

I am so glad that you enjoyed our "resort like" atmosphere! I agree, it has a feel of the tropics! I'm also happy to see that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, guestrooms and our staff. I will definitely share your comments with our team as I know it will bring a big smile to all of their faces.

We look forward to having you as our guest again if you travel to Springfield. Please look me up as I always enjoy meeting our guests.

Thank you again for the wonderful review!!!

Saint Louis
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay, the greetings from staff was really nice. I was obcessed with the grilled ceasar salad. I just couldn't in my room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear James,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis Hotel & Convention Center in Springfield, MO. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!!!

I appreciate your comments on our staff and the service they extended you. And, I totally agree with you that the Grilled Ceasar Salad in Fire & Ice is AMAZING! One of my all time favorites!!!

I hope that you will stay with us again when visiting Springfield.

Again, thank you so much for your kind comments!!!

Independence
Reviewed February 25, 2013

When I made the reservation, I told the person on the phone, my husband had surgery on his foot would need a room on the first level for handicap. We got second floor and had 4 heavy doors to open and close each time we left the room. No one even offered to help with the bags and could see that he was struggling. the room was lovely...just not in the right location....I used a debit card we have just for travel. I was told the hotel would put a $25 hold on my card for the room and then on check out, run the card for the amount of the room. Error! You put a $192 hold on my card and cost me 105 dollars in overdraft fees...That made my un-handicapp accessible room $267 for the two night stay....Wow!Don't think I can afford to stay with you again. I ordered food from the menu in the room, went to the bar to pick it up...bill was $4 higher than what the menu quoted...I was told it was the difference between the lunch and dinner menus...the menu in the room did not have lunch and dinner menu...only one menu...what the hell? I am working with a budget...as I am sure all Americans are today. We don't get to go places often, but when we do, we have a set amount of money for the trip. I don't appreciate this kind of gig when I get the bill.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Martin V
Dear Martin,
I was extremely disappointed to read your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I am so very sorry that you experienced these issues during your stay.

Our #1 priority is to provide each of our guests with a comfortable and enjoyable stay. As I read your comments, I see that we failed you. I have shared your review with our staff so that we can determine what happened during your stay and take appropriate steps to make sure none of these issues affect our future guests.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can provide you with our normal high standard of service and accommodations. Again, my sincere apologies.