and 1 more site!
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Pittsburg
“MISERABLE!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

We died in a room that made the indoor pool area feel like the arctic. We were even moved from one room to another due to an "unforeseen" problem with the air. Neither room had air conditioning nor did they have a fan in the bathrooms. NO window, NO fan, NO air!!!!!!!! I am not sure which was worse the miserably hot stagnant air or the LYING and coverup we encountered with the staff. The air JUST broke minutes ago, we didn't get a part we were supposed to get, it just needs to be reset, EVEN it hasn't worked for months.........ALL comments shared by staff. Our family was put at RISK as were others in the same boat. WE WERE ONE OF MULTIPLE FAMILIES IN THE SAME SITUATION. This hotel put their profits above our SAFETY. We drove home EXHAUSTED and frustrated on a very busy I-44.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. They are dishonest and greedy! Your safety driving after a miserable nights s...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie M
mishandy, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear recent guest,
I was extremely disappointed to see your review regarding your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am so very sorry that your stay was interrupted by our unfortunate and unexpected HVAC issues. Please know that we would never compromise our guest's comfort on purpose. We take great pride in being known for providing excellent guest service and this shows by our recent Best of the Best award we received by Ramada Worldwide.

Again, I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your last stay and I hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we can demonstrate our normal high level of service.

Missy Handyside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Cantwell, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

I selected this hotel because it had an indoor pool and was not far from the airport. I stayed there in Dec 2011. The exterior was beautiful with lots of holiday lights. Parking was near our room. Our room was on the lower level with access to the pool.

The pool area is the best I've seen with real trees and a good sized pool. The hot tub was too hot and hardly anyone would get in further than their legs.

The room was nice as well. My only complaint is that the bathroom seemed grimy and moldy particularly the ceiling. I might be the only one who noticed this and maybe I just need to stop looking at bathroom ceilings. I would say without this one defect I would have rated this place as perfect. It just seems that for such a nice place they would have paid more attention to mold and grime in the bathroom.

I would definitely stay at this place again. Being poolside in the evening hours wasn't too noisy while we were there but I can imagine that at times it might be. We left too early to enjoy the breakfast so not sure how that was.

Room Tip: Some rooms are far from the pool. The lower level rooms that are poolside have direct access to the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Recent Guest,
Thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis Hotel in Springfield, MO. I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestions with future guests of ours. I'm glad you enjoyed our tropical inspired indoor pool area. I also enjoy all of the live trees and plants. I was also happy to see that you had the opportunity to enjoy our holiday lights. We placed over 150,000 Christmas Lights on the exterior this year and I thought it was beautiful. Our goal next year is over 200,000 (I haven't told our maintenance staff this news yet).

I hope that if your travel brings you back to Springfield, MO, you will stay at the Ramada Oasis and look me up. I always enjoy meeting our guests.

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

We a frequent guests at the Ramada Oasis Hotel and Convention Center in Springfield, Missouri due to traveling for karate tournaments. Our kids love the indoor pool and we like the poolside rooms. The service is always great and the breakfast buffet is tasty with a good selection of items. The convention center is a nice facility also. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: If you want convenient indoor pool access, request a poolside room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank WichitaAirstrike
mishandy, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis in Springfield, MO on TripAdvisor. I'm so happy to read that you are a frequent guest and that you always enjoy your stays with us. I look forward to the opportunity to meet you during the next tournament you attend. Thanks again, I very much appreciate your kind words.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed here one night passing through town via a Priceline bid. I got a great price, and was please overall with the hotel. Honestly not one thing to complian about.

The location is perfect, right off I-44 and easy to find. Parking was free and plentiful.

Although it looks like an old motel, the lobby appears to be brand-new and has a very modern vibe to it. The rooms are also fairly newer looking, with flatscreen TVs and overall everything was in good working order.

I liked the balconies (let in fresh air) and found the rooms to be a large size with everything you would need. The free wifi was easy to access and had a very strong signal.

Overall, given the great price I got, this was a decent stay and I would recommend this hotel in the Springfield area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Recent Guest,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you shared on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis in Springfield, MO. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will be our guest again in the future. I was also glad to see that you enjoyed our patio rooms. We recently added them and I am so excited and flattered with the response we have received from guests such as yourself. Again, thank you so much for your kind words. Hope to see you soon!!!
Darien, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed in November 2011 for a college soccer tournament. The hotel was clean. The pool indoor/outdoor very clean. The breakfast was outstanding. There was a variety of items offered. Something for everyone!! The dining area was relaxing. Also had happy hour! Staff was friendly and prompt.
Thanks for a fun/relaxing weekend at the Oasis. We would stay again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Theresa,
Thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us during the MVC Soccer Tournament in November. It was our pleasure hosting the teams, fans and parents during it. I hope that you will stay with us again anytime you are visiting Springfield. We always offer a special college rate, so please just let me know when you are returning and I will be happy to assist you with your reservation. Thanks again for your kind comments!!!
Blue Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Just came back from another wonderful trip to the Ramada Oasis. This is our second stay at this great hotel and will definitely not be our last. It's quiet and clean and truly a relaxing place to stay. The indoor tropical atrium area with the fountains is such a pleasant place to enjoy your morning coffee and buffet breakfast. The staff are always so helpful and nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel for your next trip to the Branson area. Close to the action but far away from all the traffic backups. We went to Silver Dollar City to see the lights and came back to the Ramada only to find a beautiful Christmas light display! I guess we could have saved a few bucks! Ha! Ha! At any rate, don't miss this great hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis in Springfield. I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed your visit! I will certainly pass on your comments to the entire staff. I was glad to read that you liked our Christmas lights I to love them! We hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again during your next visit to the area. I always enjoy meeting our guests, so please look me up!
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

The Ramada Oasis was a surprise! Even though the address is on Glenstone, the hotel is far back from the road and you do not hear the busy road noise. At first glance, the outside of the hotel may look dated, however, look a closer and you will see that everything is modern and well maintained and is updated on both the inside and outside. The atrium and pool area are an “oasis” with all the trees and plantings. The hot breakfast was plentiful, even if you were eating late. The rooms are updated with flat screen TV’s, refrigerators and a microwave, in addition to having two sinks. The staff takes the time to promptly address our concerns (someone was smoking in a non-smoking area). This is truly a hidden “Oasis.”

Room Tip: The second floor rooms have a nice little balcony to sit out on and view the atrium.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple