“Best Kept Secret in Springfield, MO”

Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I love, love, love the Ramada Oasis. I travel weekly for business and had not stayed in a Ramada Hotel in years. What a great treat. The hotel is clean, comfortable a haven for the road warrior. The restaurant is fabulous, staff outstanding and room very cozy! I would recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
mishandy, General Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis in Springfield, Missouri. I was so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us!!! I sure hope that you will always choose the Ramada Oasis when traveling to Springfield! I'm also glad that you found our staff to be outstanding and I will definitely share your comments with them. We here at the Ramada Oasis have one priority and that is you.....our guest! Thank you again for such wonderful comments. Hope to see you again soon!
Missy Handyside

Write a ReviewReviews (1,680)

Reviewed September 18, 2011

We were surprised and delighted by the "garden" feel of this hotel. The indoor pool is surrounded with lush green growth and 2-story palm trees! The rooms on the ground floor had large patios with greenery, hanging pots of real flowers, tables & chairs, etc. The 2nd level floors had small balconies, but not large enough for a chair. Rooms facing "in" had small patios or balconies overlooking the lush pool.

Breakfast included hot scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, biscuits & gravy, as well as a large selection of yogurts, pastries, muffins, etc. And you can sit amongst the atrium garden to eat. What a lovely way to start the day.

The place isn't perfect. The hallways are a bit noisy. But the rooms are large and comfortable. The bed linens are quite nice. And the bath is stocked with lots of lovely smelling citrus soaps, shampoo & conditioner, lotions, etc. And the Fire & Ice bar and restaurant is interesting - see restaurant reviews for the full story.

If we're ever back in Springfield, we'll certainly consider Ramada Oasis again. Very convenient to the freeway and the airport is only 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are more "public" and noisy. Avoid unless you plan on spending...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
mishandy, Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Dear recent guest,
Thank you so much for your very kind review of your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis Hotel & Convention Center in Springfield, MO. I was very happy to read that you found your stay both comfortable and enjoyable. I was especially happy to see how much you appreciated are beautiful greenery in our atrium area. I noticed that you mentioned our 2 large tropical trees....those are my favorite!!! They actually produce bananas two times each year!!! I hope that you will stay with us again during your next visit to Springfield. Please look me up, I always enjoy meeting our guests!!!!
Best regards,

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I enjoy this hotel because it is always "squeaky clean" and never in disarray. It is secured by a fence and monitored by security cameras 24/7. The rooms are very inviting and comfortable with the latest in entertainment technology. I use this hotel for my business trips as well as pleasure because there are never any surprises. The dining facility is first rate as well as the indoor pool and greenery. The Art Deco is nostalgic, appealing and relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
mishandy, Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Richard,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our Ramada Oasis Hotel & Convention Center in Springfield, MO. I was so happy to read that you are a repeat guest!!!!! That tells me that our staff is doing a good job! I hope on your next visit you will look me up as I always enjoy meeting our guests. I will definitely share your comments with our entire team and I'm sure they will appreciate them as much as I do. Hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed September 13, 2011

My wife and a stayed at the Ramada Oasis in May with some of our other family members when we were in Springfield for a family wedding. The entire staff was friendly and attentive, from the front desk attendant to the bartender to the guy driving the shuttle. Our room was very clean and the breakfast served by the pool was delicious. We will definitely stay here again when we visit Springfield.

• Stayed: May 2011
mishandy, Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Thank you for the very kind comments regarding your recent visit to the Ramada Oasis in Springfield, MO. I am happy that you and your wife both enjoyed your stay with us and was excited to read that you will be staying with us again if you visit Springfield! I appreciate your compliments regarding our staff and will definitely share them with our team. Thanks again, we very much appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your stay with us.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

Our family found this is a great place to hold a reunion! We found the indoor pool area, with tropical greenery and water falls, awesome. We were pleasantly surprised to find an outdoor pool, identical in size to the indoor one! The rooms are very nice and the free hot breakfast is excellent. It was the family's unanimous decision to return to the Ramada Oasis for our next reunion.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We have always had great accommodations at Ramada Oasis. The service is second to none and the rooms are very clean. We love that they have an indoor and outdoor pool. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I hosted a family reunion at the Ramada Oasis. The rooms were large and comfortable. The pools kept the kids entertained for the entire weekend and the staff was very helpfull. The banquet department took good care of us. The hotel layout is a little confusing but once we got settled in we had a great time. We will be back

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
mishandy, General Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis in Springfield, MO. I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. I think we are a perfect fit for family reunions such as yours and was happy to hear that the children in your family enjoyed our pool areas. We would love the opportunity to host your next family reunion.