“Welcome to Paradise, the sign says. And it was true.”

Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Oakville, Canada
“Welcome to Paradise, the sign says. And it was true.”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We stayed for just one night, June 27, 2011. Passing through Springfield on the way to St. Louis. We arrived at 11.30am on motorcycle, looking a little the worse for wear in the heat. Check in time is officially 3pm but the desk clerk said he could get us a room by 12 mid day. We got a great deal through HOTWIRE.COM & had a lovely room with a balcony, overlooking the outdoor pool. The facilities &, the service were excellent. & the staff most accommodating. We ate at the hotel Fire & Ice restaurant, where there is an iced bar & you can watch the chefs prepare & cook your food. Excellent menu & prices were good. The chef even made us some fire in the kitchen, so that we could take a photograph. The complimentary breakfast had plenty of choice, hot & cold. We would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting excellent quality & service. We very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
mishandy, General Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We use our marquee to place guest comments (of course no names), and we are currently using your heading "Welcome to Paradise, the sign says. And it was true." We have had other guests comment on it saying that is one of the reasons they stayed here.....so thank you, thank you, thank you! I hope you will be our guest again in the future should you visit the Springfield, MO area again.
Best regards,
Missy Handyside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The room was clean and well maintained. The free breakfast was delicious. Good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Taylorville, Illinois
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed here and was not disappointed at all. The room did have a funky smell to it but other than that it was great. I cannot say enough about the breakfast it was awesome! I will def stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
mishandy, General Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree, breakfast here at the Ramada Oasis is awesome! I'm excited that you will be staying with us again. Please look me up when you do.....I always enjoy visiting with our guests.
Carl Junction, Missouri
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I booked this hotel from priceline who claimed it was a 3 star hotel. This hotel was a two star maybe. To begin with their were nasty people walking all around the cars looking inside them where was suppose to be gated. But clearing not manned in ANY way.
Then when we got to our room it looked like it had not been fully cleaned. Someone had failed to flush the toilet (Gross) the room smelled of sewer. After calling the front desk 3 times the kept saying someone will be there shortly to check it out. No one EVER came. I have NEVER been so disgusted with a hotel stay ever. I would not recommend this nasty hotel to anyone. What was even worse at the indoor pool & spa several of the staff was obviously letting there family swim because one of the workers leaned over the fence to kiss some man & grab his butt, who were rude loud & being absolutely inappropriate. Which explains why the rooms were not clean, staff to busy groping their family at the pool. I have never been so disgusted in my life. Not to mention we can not say we felt safe at all. The management needs to start making sure the rooms are clean, & the help STOPS using the pool for their own gross family to use. I paid to stay there (sadly) they get paid to (work) there not use the pool as a day care or a disgusting grope fest

• Stayed June 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 18, 2011

my family and i really enjoyed our stay there. the service was fantastic. we will be back next year for our annual family trip. the one thing i would like to see is a more healthy breakfast menu. i cant do pork. other than that we enjoyed you were close to everything that we had to do. 4 thumbs up.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
FORT SMITH, AR
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed 4 nights with car show with over 200 cars and can't praise enough. Huge crowd and this hotel handled it wonderfully. Great room. Huge friendly staff and I am demanding. The staff can't do enough for you-always smiling, speaking directly to you, willing to quickly help you with anything. The person that trained this staff is a miracle worker!! Found myself stopping them to say thank you, you're doing a great job and I appreciate it. The restaurant was terrific. We ate every meal there. The free breakfast was huge-never ate so much at breakfast in any other hotel - 2 types of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, gravy, biscuits, juices, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, bagels, sweet pastries. Good grief! Always hot and replenished. Beautiful atrium with fountains, hot tub and pool. Very happy here and will be back.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ARSANDI
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I was disappointed with my stay. While the room was not horrible, it did need some care. The first thing i noticed was that the carpet was very dirty...when i took my shower dirt ran off the bottom of my feet like i had been outside with no shoes. The bed was comfortable but the sheets were anything but smooth...it was like sleeping with crackers in the bed. The air conditioner was very loud and ran every five minutes..I could not hear the television when it was running without turning it up very loud. Also, the paint was peeling off the door in the bathroom.

While I can appreciate the effort you have put into trying to upgrade an old hotel into a nice one, the truth is I feel you still need to do a lot of upgrading in the rooms.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
mishandy, General Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
Dear Guest,
I was very disappointed as I read your comments regarding your stay at the Ramada Oasis. It is our #1 priority to ensure each of our guests experience a comfortable and enjoyable stay and I'm so sorry that you did not. Although our property has some age, we have undergone an extensive renovation of the hotel to make it as unique and beautiful as it is today. I am sorry to read that you may not stay with us again and I would like to ask you to reconsider and allow us to provide you with our normal high standard of service. Please just contact me directly and I will personally assist you with a reservation. I am confident that if you will try us again.....you will be a life long friend of ours.
Hope to hear from you!