Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I booked this hotel from priceline who claimed it was a 3 star hotel. This hotel was a two star maybe. To begin with their were nasty people walking all around the cars looking inside them where was suppose to be gated. But clearing not manned in ANY way.
Then when we got to our room it looked like it had not been fully cleaned. Someone had failed to flush the toilet (Gross) the room smelled of sewer. After calling the front desk 3 times the kept saying someone will be there shortly to check it out. No one EVER came. I have NEVER been so disgusted with a hotel stay ever. I would not recommend this nasty hotel to anyone. What was even worse at the indoor pool & spa several of the staff was obviously letting there family swim because one of the workers leaned over the fence to kiss some man & grab his butt, who were rude loud & being absolutely inappropriate. Which explains why the rooms were not clean, staff to busy groping their family at the pool. I have never been so disgusted in my life. Not to mention we can not say we felt safe at all. The management needs to start making sure the rooms are clean, & the help STOPS using the pool for their own gross family to use. I paid to stay there (sadly) they get paid to (work) there not use the pool as a day care or a disgusting grope fest

• Stayed: June 2011
There are newer reviews for Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Reviewed June 18, 2011

my family and i really enjoyed our stay there. the service was fantastic. we will be back next year for our annual family trip. the one thing i would like to see is a more healthy breakfast menu. i cant do pork. other than that we enjoyed you were close to everything that we had to do. 4 thumbs up.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed 4 nights with car show with over 200 cars and can't praise enough. Huge crowd and this hotel handled it wonderfully. Great room. Huge friendly staff and I am demanding. The staff can't do enough for you-always smiling, speaking directly to you, willing to quickly help you with anything. The person that trained this staff is a miracle worker!! Found myself stopping them to say thank you, you're doing a great job and I appreciate it. The restaurant was terrific. We ate every meal there. The free breakfast was huge-never ate so much at breakfast in any other hotel - 2 types of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, gravy, biscuits, juices, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, bagels, sweet pastries. Good grief! Always hot and replenished. Beautiful atrium with fountains, hot tub and pool. Very happy here and will be back.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ARSANDI
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I was disappointed with my stay. While the room was not horrible, it did need some care. The first thing i noticed was that the carpet was very dirty...when i took my shower dirt ran off the bottom of my feet like i had been outside with no shoes. The bed was comfortable but the sheets were anything but smooth...it was like sleeping with crackers in the bed. The air conditioner was very loud and ran every five minutes..I could not hear the television when it was running without turning it up very loud. Also, the paint was peeling off the door in the bathroom.

While I can appreciate the effort you have put into trying to upgrade an old hotel into a nice one, the truth is I feel you still need to do a lot of upgrading in the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
mishandy, General Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2011

Dear Guest,
I was very disappointed as I read your comments regarding your stay at the Ramada Oasis. It is our #1 priority to ensure each of our guests experience a comfortable and enjoyable stay and I'm so sorry that you did not. Although our property has some age, we have undergone an extensive renovation of the hotel to make it as unique and beautiful as it is today. I am sorry to read that you may not stay with us again and I would like to ask you to reconsider and allow us to provide you with our normal high standard of service. Please just contact me directly and I will personally assist you with a reservation. I am confident that if you will try us again.....you will be a life long friend of ours.
Hope to hear from you!
Best regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2011

We had stayed there Dec 2010. We found the Oasis very clean and everyone we met that worked there was most courteous and always accommadating. There fore on a return trip to Springfield we had no question about where to stay.

Everything you need is within one or two blocks of the location

Room Tip: Just tell the staff you want a great room!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Oasis Hotel in Springfield, MO. I am so glad that you enjoyed both of your visits with us and hope that you will stay with us again in the future. I appreciate your comments regarding our staff and will share them with our team. We take pride in providing excellent guest service and I'm happy that you noticed!!! Looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed here twice, once on the way to New Orleans, and once on the way back. The hotel is undergoing renovation, but we were not disturbed in any way. The pool area is very nice (there are two pools, one outdoor and one indoor), with trees and plants and fountains. The rooms are very nicely sized, and clean. The front desk staff was excellent and answered all questions we had. The free breakfast was served in the indoor pool area, and there were a lot of good choices including scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, hash browns, and bacon as well as the usual danish, bagels, and cold and hot cereal. For the price (we paid $119 total for 4 adults and one child) this is a great choice in the Springfield area, and we really enjoyed both of our stays here. (There is also a restaurant on site, called Fire and Ice, but we did not eat there).

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We stayed at the Oasis for 2 nights and were pleased with our clean, quiet accommodations at a reasonable price. The free breakfast included much more than a simple continental one and eating by the pool area surrounded by plants was nice.
All the hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful to any of our needs, be it for directions to an attraction or for a plastic spoon. It all was done with a smile and friendly attitude.
Even with the outside construction, which has to happen at times, it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
mishandy, General Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Thank you so much for your review of the Ramada Oasis Hotel in Springfield, Missouri. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! As you mentioned in your review, we are currently adding private courtyards to some of our guestrooms. We are hoping they will give our guests a place to enjoy the outdoors this summer and still have privacy. They are expected to be complete in just a couple of weeks. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff. I will pass your review onto them as well. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. I hope that you will make the Ramada Oasis your hotel of choice when visiting Springfield.