“Great service, good food”

Buckingham's Barbeque
Ranked #70 of 693 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We had heard good things about this restaurant so decided to give it a try. We went a little over board and got the sampler for two of us. It was way too much for two but we got to sample everything. I'm not a big brat or sausage fan but I really did like theirs. It had great flavor, had some spice but not too much. We have been so disappointed lately with another chains pulled pork. Way too fatty and greasy not much flavor. That was NOT the case with this. It was Wonderful! No fatty chunks and awesome flavor even without sauce. I can't say enough about the employees. They have to be the best in town. Pleasant, very helpful. Glad to see such wonderful help. Going to name off our server Drew. Thumbs up sir, you did very well.

There are newer reviews for Buckingham's Barbeque

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The food was adequate, but if you have any BBQ experience you will probably be disappointed. The brisket was shaved and more like corned beef. The chopped beef sandwiches looked good. Probably the best thing was the burnt end cuts, either plate or salad. More like BBQ brisket you'd expect. Sauces OK but nothing special.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We found this place randomly while driving around Springfield near our hotel. The service was quick and the waitress was excellent. The portions were good and prices was reasonable. I had a pulled pork BBQ sandwich, which I think was around $7 and my dad had a excellent baked potato with BBQ. One of the best parts of my trip to Springfield was stopping here and would visit again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The meat was smoked and all quite good, but the sauces were boring. There were only two kinds of sauce and neither one was remarkable. However, the fried sweet potatoes and onions and cole slaw were very good. The service was excellent.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

First off, I don't believe that was really smoked meat. It struck me more as being pressure cooked pork that was served naked on the bun. We went through the drive through and the menu wasn't exactly clear about what we got. It's a good thing he offered barbecue sauce, because as I said, the meat comes naked and no condiments supplied without request.

My biggest objection? We were in a hotel, buckinghams was in the parking lot of that hotel. We went through the drive through to take it to the room, and what the heck, there were no utensils or napkins in the bag!

I'm in no mood to give a place a second chance unless there are some driving reasons to do so, and I can't think of anything.