“Family Loved It!”

Fantastic Caverns
Ranked #3 of 87 things to do in Springfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the timeless beauty of Fantastic Caverns, one of the earth's rarest treasures. There are only four of its' kind in the entire world, and only one in North America. Here, you'll discover one of the world's most beautiful natural wonders; giant columns stretching from floor to ceiling, delicate soda straws glistening with minerals, tiny cave pearls hidden in crystal-clear water. And best of all, you'll see it close-up from the comfort of a Jeep-drawn tram!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great cave experience, some unusual formations. Going through in a vehicle was fun. Some places so tight...keep your hands inside the vehicle & duck your head! Our teenagers even liked it. Not too pricey for what you get.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My hub and I went today . The cave ride was nice as I have mobility issues the cave has been in human hands for over one hundred years this is sad as you can see the destruction of the natural shapes I could also tell whomever is running this today has taken a lot of effort to right past wrongs the history of the cave is explained very well. The out side walking trails are nature intended I feel it is a great wake up call for my grandchildren to learn the value of Mother Earth cavern is a must return for my family . The grounds are very nice .the bathrooms very clean, the spirit of the past isn't as overwhelming when you can see what a bright future this cavern has

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The concept of riding through caves is great! No walking or standing for those who are mobility challenged. The tours run every 30 minutes and a tour lasts approximately 45 minutes. It is a cool 60 degrees year around. The ride is comfortable and there are plenty of opportunities for photos.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I'm poor but promised to take my daughter and grandson as a family outing. We had to leave and didn't get to go on the tour because tickets for two adults and one 6yr old cost $65.00! I was heartbroken as was my grandson.

6  Thank mirusvita
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Everything about this tour is worth every penny. The cave was beautiful and the tour guide knew everything about the cave

2  Thank Amber S