“Cost too much!”

Fantastic Caverns
Ranked #6 of 99 things to do in Springfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the timeless beauty of Fantastic Caverns, one of the earth's rarest treasures. There are only four of its' kind in the entire world, and only one in North America. Here, you'll discover one of the world's most beautiful natural wonders; giant columns stretching from floor to ceiling, delicate soda straws glistening with minerals, tiny cave pearls hidden in crystal-clear water. And best of all, you'll see it close-up from the comfort of a Jeep-drawn tram!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I'm poor but promised to take my daughter and grandson as a family outing. We had to leave and didn't get to go on the tour because tickets for two adults and one 6yr old cost $65.00! I was heartbroken as was my grandson.

8  Thank mirusvita
Write a ReviewReviews (1,360)
All reviews
"all ages"
in 43 reviews
"springfield area"

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Everything about this tour is worth every penny. The cave was beautiful and the tour guide knew everything about the cave

2  Thank Amber S
Reviewed January 8, 2014

While visiting the area we toured the cavern. It was nice but way over priced. I think the lighting inside the cavern could have been better so that you could view the drop offs. It is a ride tour so not a lot of walking.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Loved the tour Guide, I wish I could remember her name, she was very knowledgeable and also very funny. I was also pleasantly surprised at the temperature inside the caves, it was freezing cold outside so I was expecting a very chilly ride but once inside the caves it was beautifully warm, I expect in the Summer it will be the opposite - lovely and cool.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I am a splunker and enjoy a new cave. I'd never before taken a Jeep caving so went for it. The staff was very kind and accommodating. I was the only one so had front seat with the guide. He had some history but didn't seem to have a wealth of information. There was a stop to watch a video once inside. I think that would be better in the gift shop. I have a feeling the conservation of the cave is not top priority, but it is a lovely drive and surroundings there.
Overall, I didn't think it fantastic, but if you've not done much caving it's okay.

Been to Fantastic Caverns? Share your experiences!