“Expensive”

Fantastic Caverns
Ranked #6 of 68 things to do in Springfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the timeless beauty of Fantastic Caverns, one of the earth's rarest treasures. There are only four of its' kind in the entire world, and only one in North America. Here, you'll discover one of the world's most beautiful natural wonders; giant columns stretching from floor to ceiling, delicate soda straws glistening with minerals, tiny cave pearls hidden in crystal-clear water. And best of all, you'll see it close-up from the comfort of a Jeep-drawn tram!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very pricey for a big family. Hard for the little ones to stay quiet and still. Glad we went, but seems like a one time thing.

1  Thank Julie G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,393)
All reviews
"all ages"
in 45 reviews
"springfield area"

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Really enjoyed the tour! It is amazing! Each formation was amazing and the guide was very funny and informative! I recommend it to anyone and everyone. And the gift shop was neat too.

2  Thank robclay6808
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I enjoyed the cave tour, the pretty grounds, and the nice gift shop, however, the cost was a little hard to handle. Three kids, two adults = $97. There are other good caves around the area.

4  Thank Lea B
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We drove to Branson from Minnesota and couldn't help but notice all of the signs along the Interstate advertising the Fantastic Caverns, so we made a deal with the kids that if we had any $ left on the way home we would stop at the Fantastic Caverns. I looked up the attraction information on my Smart phone as we continued down the interstate, I read the information to the family and the teenagers got pretty excited. The tour runs every 20 minutes so we did not have to wait too long after buying our tickets. They have a large gift shop to explore while you are waiting (we made it out of there without buying anything, but it was fun to look). Our tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly. They load up the tram (which is a Jeep pulling a long trailer with seats) and then go explore the cave. Our family enjoyed the tour and the teens have not had the opportunity to experience any type of cavern or cave in the past --- TEEN APPROVED. They loved the tour and so did my husband. The tour is $22.50pp, but it really is not that expensive, it was interesting to hear and learn about the history of the cave and its' past life. I think they have done an amazing job of creating a family-friendly tourist spot right outside of Springfield, MO. I ended up taking tons of photos, they have great added lighting throughout the cave. Oh and they do offer you a group photo for $10 a the end of the tour, I passed, but my husband couldn't resist so we brought one home. I would suggest trying to get a seat on the left front or rear of the trailer if you want to take photos (if you are facing the trailer pick the left side).

3  Thank Kdahlers
See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stopped in at this cave attraction on an extended road trip and were pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as cheesy as a drive thru cave experience might seem. We did have a great tour guide, a young woman, who had a just right balance of factual information and humor to make it worthwhile and fun. There is an interesting history associated with this cave, and the drive thru part is nice for families with smaller children like ourselves. Warning though, there are a few dark and darker parts that might scare the youngsters. Overall a good time although the price is a little high.

1  Thank faeriegirlie

Been to Fantastic Caverns? Share your experiences!