“Finally, great vegetarian/vegan options in South Springfield!”
Review of Bibiya - CLOSED

Bibiya
Cuisines: Korean
Springfield, Missouri, United States
“Finally, great vegetarian/vegan options in South Springfield!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Downtown Springfield has an array of options for those wanting healthy vegan nosh. However, South Springfield is lacking in this area. You've got Chipotle, which I find too salty, and whatever bean-and-rice dishes that are available at Mexican restaurants. I was not initially impressed with this restaurant because the cashier was clipping his fingernails as we stood at the counter, and continued after we ordered. However, the healthy and satisfying cuisine more than made up for this lack of etiquette. My sister and I shared a plate of edamame (good value for $3), and then we ordered the salad greens bowls with mixed rice, tofu, and lemon soy sauce dressing. The bowls had a wide array of plants such as kale, bean sprouts, raddichio, cucumbers, cabbage, and carrots. I finished off the whole bowl, and was very full, but not the uncomfortable kind of full you would be leaving an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet, for example. The decor is also very classy and soothing. We will definitely be back again.

Springfield, Missouri
“Lunch with the girls place”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have been to Bibiya a half dozen times since I discovered it and would honestly go more often if it was not cross town for me. My mainstay with the bento box style meal but everything else looks tasty. It's an order and sit down, then wait for your meal place, nice modern atmosphere and they do have some outside seating. Nice place to meet with friends for lunch.

Visited January 2013
Springfield, Missouri
“Delicious, healthy, and filling Korean food”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Wow! All I can say is Yummo! I had my first experience at Bibiya and I'm impressed! I've never had Korean food, kimchi, black rice, or any of those combinations. The atmosphere is very trendy for an order at the counter kind of place. I stepped up to the counter and told them I wanted take out and also informed them that I was the family guinea pig to try it for the first time. The staff were awesome. Very friendly and explained the ropes to help me understand my options. I went with their specialty bimbimbap, black rice, kimchi, and the kochi spicy sauce on the side and added chicken. Great presentation of the meal - colorful and healthy with lots of vegetables. Great flavor and very filling. I don't think I even ate half of it. Excited about this new type of restaurant in Springfield.

Springfield, Missouri
“Interesting change of pace”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I heard from a colleague about this restaurant and made a trek there to try it - we did carry out and enjoyed our dishes. We are not very familiar with Korean food but can say the fried rice meal with beef was very tasty and the spicy battered chicken dish was also quite good and came with steamed rice. Both dishes were served with broccoli which was crisp. We also got an edamame appetizer which was delightful. The employee working at the register was helpful and took the time to explain 75% of the dishes on the menu before I ordered. The atmosphere was contemporary and upscale for a "fast food" type of restaurant, just lovely. If I were in the neighborhood again I would go back, but I do not believe I am a big enough fan of Korean food to make a point to seek it out specifically. Glad I had it and may be back down the road.

• Visited January 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
“Korean on a budget”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Ok, you will not find Korean listed on anywhere on the restaurant name. Bibiya healthy food, or something to that effect. Another review tipped me off that it is Korean. Bibya is on the strip mall. The decor, white with white bricks looks like a modern & sophisticated sit down restaurant. But you order up front, & they bring the dish to your table. The menu has a selection of specials dishes ($7-$14 range) , Korean "tapas" ($2- 5 range) and Bibirbyas ($7 to 8.50) which list 3 options: salad, traditional or bibirbya. On the Bibirbays you order the style, (salad, traditional, etc), type of rice, protein or tofu and then sause. I opted for the Kimchee fried rice because I had a hankering for kimchee. My dish was served in a hot (black iron) bowl, which is traditional for a Korean restaurant. So the food was served pipping hot and still cooking. There were pickeled onions on the side which I added to the dish. I like that they give you both chop sticks and western utensils, instead of having to ask for chop sticks or utensils. I prefer to eat with chop sticks. My dish was a mixture of rice & well I am not sure, but it had enough kick for me to know the kimchee was there. I like spicy dishes. I thought the pickled onions added a nice element to my dish. Honestly I got a great meal for under $10. I will have to try it again, next time I am in town.

• Visited January 2013