“Outstanding food and service!”

Jimm's Steakhouse & Pub
Ranked #11 of 725 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2014

My family went there last week at the end of "restaurant month," where we were able to choose 3 courses for $25. On our budget, we don't go anyplace unless we have a coupon or a certificate, so this was definitely a splurge. Overall, after living in NY and Ca, I consider Springfield "home of the mediocre restaurant." Not so at Jimm's.
My daughters each ordered a bowl of the Seafood Bisque...One was kind enough to let me have the "soppings" with bread...Eric, one of the servers, noticed this and brought me a tiny silver "shot sized" cup of soup to dip some bread in! I consider that above and beyond....amazing service. I'd have to say that his overall demeanor/tableside manner definitely enhanced our experience! Later, when he brought me my Prime Rib, I was unhappy with how it looked, compared to the other pieces at the table (seemed smaller and fattier) and mentioned it to Eric...without hesitation, he replaced it. I immediately regretted my pettiness and high maintenance, and apologized to Eric. He was a complete gentlemen, assuaging my guilt!
My whole family loved the meal...the stuffed mushrooms were absolutely amazing...My daughter commented that it's rare to find a place that does EVERYTHING well. Jimm's DOES. (The ONLY thing that we were not a fan of was the Brownie dessert...but I'd say that was a minor disappointment, eclipsed by the wonderful food and outstanding service! Our waitress, Miranda even helped us carry our leftovers to the car!) When we can afford it, we will definitely be back...I HIGHLY recommend this place!

Eric3742, Manager at Jimm's Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2014

We are very happy to hear that your experience with us was memorable! It means the world to us when we have the opportunity to make someone's experience, let alone an entire family. We hope that you are able to return soon and we are ever grateful for your glowing review. Thank you again!

Reviewed August 31, 2014

My grandson was celebrating his 12th birthday & my son his 34th birthday so it was decided to come here. Our waiter , Jason was wonderful. Loved his humor & suggestions on the beer choices & what was the favorites to pick from. Our glasses were never empty and he was constantly running for more bread or something for us. He is definite asset . Hope he stays around for a long time. Food was delicious . We ordered the prime rib. It was excellent & the New York Strip amazing. Plenty for the money too. It was a memory worth repeating for all of us. Great way to celebrate a birthday or any other thing. We will be back & encourage our friends to go with us. Love you guys.

Sharon, what a fantastic review! We love Jason also! We are very blessed to have such incredible people working with us here at Jimm's, and Jason is definitely an example of this! We know Jason is an asset and there are no plans of Jason going anywhere, anytime soon. Feel free to ask for Jason anytime, and we promise he will receive his "gold star"! thank you again Sharon!

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We took my parents to Jimm's after church on a Sunday, to celebrate their anniversary. We were able to order from the early evening menu. The prices are great for the amount of food that you receive. We each had a sirloin, which included a salad, or trip to the salad bar, a beverage and a dessert. The salad bar has a great selection of items. The dessert choices were chocolate cake or strawberry short cake, and I am not a fan of either one of those, so I passed on the dessert. The steak was good, but not great. I ordered my steak rare, and was told it would have a cool red center. The steak was delivered with a warm light pink center. I ate the steak as it was delivered, but it wasn't the best steak I have ever had.
Brittany, our server, was very nice, and very efficient. She made sure we had everything we needed.
The restaurant is set up with different rooms, instead of one huge dining area. This is very nice and cozy.
Overall, it was a nice experience, and a great value for the money.

We are very glad to hear that your family enjoyed their visit to Jimm's. We always strive to provide the best value and experience we possibly can. It is regretful to hear that your steak was not prepared correctly. it is very important to us that we have the opportunity to prepare every steak we serve to the exact specifications of our guests. When every steak is served we require that the server asks each guest to cut into the center of their steaks upon delivery so that we may immediately verify satisfaction. We sincerely hope that this opportunity was given to you when you were visiting. We look forward to having your family back soon, and if ever you are less than satisfied we will make corrections immediately! Thank you so much for all of your kind words.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Classy, traditional steakhouse with fine service, reliably great food, calm atmosphere where you can actually hear to visit and the best, freshest, crispest salad bar in the area, for a reasonable price.

Thank you Sheila! Your review acknowledges everything that we strive for. We are very grateful that you took the time to share your perspective on Jimm's. We look forward to serving you again! Thank you again!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We ate here while staying in Springfield for one night while on our Route 66 Honeymoon roadtrip. Upon entering, the restaurant atmosphere was so lovely and relaxed. We were seated in a calm and quiet alcove area and the waitress was very polite and friendly. We both ordered steaks and both were cooked perfectly to our liking. I had the fillet steak (delicious!!). The jacket potato and sweet potato were so tasty as were the veggies. I can honestly say this was the best meal we had on our roadtrip!

Eric3742, Manager at Jimm's Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

We are honored to be part of the best meal of your honeymoon trip! we absolutely love the feed back and stories of those traveling the route 66 path. It means a great deal to us to be part of the memories created as people remember the old road. Congratulations and blessings to you both! We wish you many happy years together, and hopefully we will be privileged to serve you again someday. Thank you again!

Been to Jimm's Steakhouse & Pub? Share your experiences!