“Quality food and service”

Jimm's Steakhouse & Pub
Ranked #5 of 690 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Missouri
“Quality food and service”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

A visit to Jimm's proved to be tasty albeit expensive. The steaks were cooked to a tee and tender. The salad bar was a nice change to the average house salad. The atmosphere is classy yet casual.

Visited March 2013
Eric3742, Manager at Jimm's Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We understand that every one works very hard for their money, and we all have to make each dollar count. That said, it means a lot to us that you chose to spend your evening out at Jimm's! In addition to our regular dinner menu we also offer an all inclusive Early Evening Menu. The Early Evening menu includes a non alcoholic beverage & dessert with each entree, and is available from 3pm until 6pm Mon thru Thurs. Thank you again for everything.

Reno, Nevada
“Great value, average quality”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I eat in a lot of steakhouses nationwide and of course I always check tripadvisor when I go to a new city. The reviews of Jimm's were enough to tell me I had to try the place. The location on Glenstone is a good area wih lots of choice. When you walk into the place, you immediately like the dark wood "old time steakhouse" look and decor. The bar is both lively and friendly. We had a 30 minute wait and sat in the bar for a cocktail while waiting our turn. We instantly had good conversations going with locals sitting next to us and the barmaid was wonderful. We got seated on time and checked out the menu. They had a good selection of wines by the by the glass and a truly outstanding salad bar. Both I and my business associate ordered a peppercorn filet which was priced very reasonably. When mine showed up I could tell that it was an "end piece" which turned out to be loaded with sinew. The shape of the filet was all wrong. You could see it coming and I knew it would be tough, which it was. Thus my grade of just "average" for this restaurant which definintely goes against the grade of most of my fellow reviewers. Except for my steak, this place was outstanding. A truly quality steakhouse would have saved my cut of meat for lunch and made it into a steak sandwich. It was not five star quality. Having said all of this, I would certainly go again to this restaurant. All things weighed, it was a nice experience overall. And the people working there were top notch.

• Visited March 2013
Eric3742, Manager at Jimm's Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your gracious review. I'm very sorry that we fell short of our reputation. We take great pride in both the quality of our service, and the quality of our steaks. The filet that you described, is far below our standard and i cringe to think that it made it's way to your table. Our sincere apologies for this infraction. If ever you are displeased with any aspect of your experience at Jimm's, we would love the opportunity to make any and all corrections. Thank you again for the valuable feedback, and we hope you will return on your next visit to Springfield.
Springfield, Missouri
“Love this place”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is the place we always defer to when we want a bit nicer experience. If my husband and I are going to give restaurant gift cards, Jimm's is the place. Jodie is the best waitress in Springfield, ask if she's working and if you can be seated in her area. She's worked there since it was Steak and Ale and she knows her stuff! You can never go wrong with the Filet, it is always prepared to perfection!

• Visited March 2013
Sarah, we love Jodi also! She really is a treat and shes here every weekend.... I also appreciate your vote of confidence in our filet mignon, and all of your kind words in general. Hope youre back our way soon. Thank you!
Springfield, Missouri
“Great salads, reasonable prices for lunch!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I know it's a steakhouse, but I don't like steak! Sorry! But the salads are terrific. Lunch prices are comparable to typical family style restaurants. Wait staff is on the ball.

Visited December 2012
Thanks for taking the time to give us the thumbs up! It means a lot coming form a non steak eater especially!
Fair Grove
“Looking for a nice dining experience--this is it!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We go often and never disappointed. The food is always good and extra nice staff. If you have a handicaped person they are very kind and helpful! The salad bar is the best we have found any where! Always fresh, cold salad and salad plated in cooled box. Can't say enough nice things . We'll be back often.

• Visited March 2013
Eric3742, Manager at Jimm's Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you Julie! We look forward to seeing you back often. Be sure to introduce yourself so we can thank you for the kind words!