“Beautiful architecture tucked away in Springfield” 5 of 5 bubbles

Night Ghost Tour of Pythian Castle in Springfield Missouri
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Springfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Springfield's most enchanting events venue offering history tours, ghost tours, murder mysteries, holiday events, private rentals. Must attend scheduled event to visit the castle. Go to web site events offered and to make reservations.
Virginia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Beautiful architecture tucked away in Springfield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

What's not to like? Beautiful building with history. Ghost tours at night (if you are into that sort of thing). Used as a hospital, a prison, a retirement home, offices and currently a personal home. The current owners have spent a lot of money to repair the home and your visit will help them to do that. I drive visiting friends and family to the home to admire it (and that's free)

Visited October 2013
1 Thank KathleenVirginia

Warrenton
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“INTERESTING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

My family needed a short weekend cheap get away so we visited Springfield, MO. During our stay we toured the Pythian Castle. It was awesome! Fun, interesting, beautiful, & rich in history. Of all the things we did this trip this was the cheapest & most enjoyed. We have a 7 year old & a 14 year old, both enjoyed. Recommend paying a little more to get the Ghost Tour with the regular tour.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Katherine C
Bentonville, Arkansas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Wonderful blend of history with the paranormal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We have traveled to Springfield many times and honestly had no idea this castle existed. Fortunately we found info online and made the 2 hour drive to take the afternoon ghost tour.
The tour was a perfect blend of the unique history of the castle and the frequent paranormal activities experienced there. My 11 year old loves history and my 9 year old loves ghosts. There was no way we could go wrong.
Our guide, Penny, was very knowledgeable and never rushed the tour along at all. It was fantastic! You should note that on this tour they encourage lots of photos. I believe on some of the other tours there are restrictions.
We will definitely visit again and highly recommend it to others.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank KatzFamily
Bradenton, Florida
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Ghost Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

The only time I have been in the castle was on a ghost tour in 2010. I was absolutely fascinated by a building that has been used for so many things. Sadly I grew up in Springfield and honestly had no idea the building had been taken over by the Army. According to legend it is haunted and I'll admit I was a bit creeped out. I would recommend this if only to admire the architecture and history of a big beautiful building. If you want to go on a ghost tour around Halloween I advise you to book in advance. I don't think pictures are allowed once inside. Although that may have changed.

Visited October 2013
Chelsea, Oklahoma
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fascinating history and beautiful building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

The history of the castle is incredible and unexpected, but the ghost tour is not worth the extra money. It seemed a bit contrived...

Visited July 2013