“INTERESTING”

Night Ghost Tour of Pythian Castle in Springfield Missouri
Ranked #18 of 89 things to do in Springfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Springfield's most enchanting events venue offering history tours, ghost tours, murder mysteries, holiday events, private rentals. Must attend a scheduled event to visit the castle. Go to the website for schedule and to make reservations or click Book Now on this site. Please note, general hours of operation on this site are incorrect. Trip Advisor format is unable to show event start times other than through Viator Book Now button. We are trying to work with them to correct this issue. Since it requires a system change on their part, it will take a while. Please check the website, come to a scheduled event, pay the entrance fee; otherwise, you will not be able to visit the castle. Fee varies depending on the event. Discount for on-line reservations. Higher if paid at the time of arrival.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My family needed a short weekend cheap get away so we visited Springfield, MO. During our stay we toured the Pythian Castle. It was awesome! Fun, interesting, beautiful, & rich in history. Of all the things we did this trip this was the cheapest & most enjoyed. We have a 7 year old & a 14 year old, both enjoyed. Recommend paying a little more to get the Ghost Tour with the regular tour.

4  Thank Katherine C
in 7 reviews
"orphaned"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We have traveled to Springfield many times and honestly had no idea this castle existed. Fortunately we found info online and made the 2 hour drive to take the afternoon ghost tour.
The tour was a perfect blend of the unique history of the castle and the frequent paranormal activities experienced there. My 11 year old loves history and my 9 year old loves ghosts. There was no way we could go wrong.
Our guide, Penny, was very knowledgeable and never rushed the tour along at all. It was fantastic! You should note that on this tour they encourage lots of photos. I believe on some of the other tours there are restrictions.
We will definitely visit again and highly recommend it to others.

3  Thank KatzFamily
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The only time I have been in the castle was on a ghost tour in 2010. I was absolutely fascinated by a building that has been used for so many things. Sadly I grew up in Springfield and honestly had no idea the building had been taken over by the Army. According to legend it is haunted and I'll admit I was a bit creeped out. I would recommend this if only to admire the architecture and history of a big beautiful building. If you want to go on a ghost tour around Halloween I advise you to book in advance. I don't think pictures are allowed once inside. Although that may have changed.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The history of the castle is incredible and unexpected, but the ghost tour is not worth the extra money. It seemed a bit contrived...