“IF I HAD NOT ALREADY PAID FOR 4 NIGHTS I WOULD HAVE LEFT THE 1ST NIGHT”

Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44
Ranked #45 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
JAMESTOWN
“IF I HAD NOT ALREADY PAID FOR 4 NIGHTS I WOULD HAVE LEFT THE 1ST NIGHT”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Hotel Staff was very friendly, but when we first went into the room there was trash under the bedskirt and a used condom laying by the night stand. The room color was awful, nice tv and refrigerator and microwave a nice touch, loved having a coffee pot but staff only left coffee the first night, I had to go buy my own coffee and filters for the rest of the stay. When I asked for towel to go to the pool I had to sign for them which was ok but when I went to the pool it was closed for maintenance. The worst was bedsheets had burnt holes in them and bedspread had holes, tv remote did not work and the back cover of the remote was missing so i took it to the front desk staff put new batteries in it and gave it back to me with no back cover so everytime we used the remote we had to hold the batteries in. Worst of all there were prostitutes staying down below us, I had to go notify staff, she comented that she wonder if that was why she was staying here and the day before we came back to the hotel from watching my son play ball and 2 women were being arrested on the stairs going up to our room. There were several homeless people hanging around the hotel for 3 of the days. I have stayed in Days Inn before and they were nice but I did not feel safe and the experience was bad so I am not sure I will stay again. Going back to Springfield in September but not sure the cheap rate is worth it. Family liked being close to the golf course and the waffle house and it is a convient location. Will have to think long and hard before September.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ANITACJamestown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I had a King bed room (non smoking) on the 2nd Floor
The Good:
-Nice Outdoor Pool
-Amenities you normally don't see in places twice the price-Refrigerator, Microwave, Iron & Ironing Board, Hair Dryer and Coffee Maker all standard
-Continental Breakfast
-Big Desk, LCD TV, Nice Computer Chair
-Good Water Pressure
-A Variety Of Pillow Sizes/Firmness
-Waffle House in Parking Lot
The Bad:
-Burn Holes in Sheets
-Old Elevator
-No Drawers for Clothes
-WiFi Internet Slow
-Bathroom: Cracked & Browning Caulk around Tub, Paint Peeling by Tub, Dirty Bathtub Mat, Hairs in Tub, Cracked Tub Surround Soap Tray...
All that said, it was fairly comfortable and had amenities that I wouldn't expect at this price. I would probably stay again if I needed an inexpensive hotel near I-44 with easy access.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Stayed there over the weekend awesome room with big flat screen tv, microwave, fridge, plus all your regular stuff that comes with a hotel this place had some better stuff then some higher priced hotels! Staff was Friendly, minutes from downtown where i was going for a concert a that night.. right off the highway i know they had breakfest which i missed :(. Also all kindsof resturants around there, and get this a Waffle house in the same parking lot i had a freakign Waffle house 60 feet from my hotel door! also for being a outside hotel they had elevators come on that is cool also it was very quiet at night. what's cool my hotel room for a double smoking room was only 57 dollars total. Next time i go back to springfield, Missouri i am going back to this place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Arkansas
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I know that this motel has had a few bad reviews that I read about before booking the room. I was in need of a motel close to I-44 and cheap. There were a couple of good reviews and I decided to take a chance. Yes, the facility is dated, but for $55 it was just fine and I will stay there again. The breakfast was excellent and the room was clean.

Wisconsin
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We stayed with the family on a drive across the country, the hotel is older but very clean and good service. The best part was the breakfast room with a staff member making fresh waffles on request.

KCMO
Reviewed July 19, 2009

I had earned points thru my Wyndham rewards program for a free nights stay and we were going to be in Springfield for a sporting event so I took advantage of the freebie and stayed at this Days Inn. I am surprised a hotel of this low caliber is part of the Wyndham program. First of all... the decor was horrible but I can live with that. The alarm clock did not work so thank goodness for alarms on our cell phones. Second, the doorknob to the bathroom was broken and my daughter was actually trapped in the bathroom for several minutes. The stopper on the bathroom sink was broken. The coffee cans sitting under the ac units catching the drainage was kinda trashy. Lots of noise from work being done in the parking lot - not sure if this was work for the hotel or the neighboring Waffle House. Pretty low class establishment and the mattresses were so hard I probably could have slept better (and felt safer and cleaner) sleeping in my car.

1 Thank RogueKCMO

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Iowa
Reviewed July 5, 2009

On a two week road trip, this was night two. The room was very clean and quiet, but on the smaller size for a Days Inn. Breakfast in the morning is on the second floor next to the fitness room and was above average -- there was a great staff member making waffles!

If you are spending time in Springfield, ask the desk clerk for directions. The road that leads into the motel actually continues on and connects with many of the city's major thoroughfares. (Even though it just looks like a frontage road -- in my opinion.)

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Not the poshest of motels, but clean, safe, and quiet are winners in my book.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends