“Wow!!!”

Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44
Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The desk clerk accommodated my every need from the moment I called to the moment I received my key to the room. She insured that Orbitz did not 'wrongfully' charge me for an error in my on-line booking for July 25-26 rather than June 25-26. Note: Orbitz claimed that your hotel would NOT credit me 100% for my error in on-line booking; rather they claimed both on-line and via phone that your hotel would be charging me the full rate booked. As it turned out, this was an absolutely lie and false representation of your hotel. Your desk clerk insured that this wrong was made right.
The server at breakfast went beyond the call of duty to meet my needs. And the morning clerk was very amicable. Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnspringfield, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that your stay here was a a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you again on your future travels!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had driven for over 10 hours when we arrived in pretty Springfield. To my surprise this hotel had a jacuzzi room for only $30 more than a regular room so I booked it. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!!! It is 2 rooms converted into one so it is very spacious. I was also hesitant about a jacuzzi room because half of the time they don't work properly or they are so filthy you would not dare get it, (even ones at nicer hotels) but this one worked great and was spotless. The room was beautifully decorated, the bed was comfy, the shower worked well, the service was great, and the jacuzzi was awesome. The breakfast could have been a little better but I also got there late. The location is near a high end mall, a golf course and a country club so I felt very safe outside. This was by far my favorite hotel I have stayed at in years and not just because of the jacuzzi, ha ha.

Room Tip: Get the jacuzzi room. It is worth the little bit extra.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
daysinnspringfield, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that your stay was a pleasant one! We look forward to seeing you again on your future travels. Have a great day!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed June 17, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were exhausted and decided to stop for the evening at this Days Inn. The ones in Iowa have always been nice. HOWEVER, this particular property is an absolute DIVE! We were given a smoking room that smelled like someone had chained smoked in there for a month and no cleaning had been done. That was just the beginning! The cleaning was obviously lacking in this place. The walls are so thin that you can hear people talking, showering, flushing the toilets all night long. Then to top it off, people were hanging around by our door being loud.
To make this story short, we complained, and demanded a discount or refund. NOTHING was done. Mr. Vasant Patel was rude and very unapologetic during this progress. We ended up filing a complaint with the corporate offices, Again... NOTHING. So, for future reference, I would not recommend this place to a bum living on the street. If you have any class what-so-ever, keep driving down the road and find something cleaner, reputable, and that will stand by the policy of "quality guest services." This property DID NOT meet any of our expectations! We would rather sleep in the car than stay at this place again..

Room Tip: Go on down the road for something with a little class and cleanliness!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie_and_Vern

We appreciate your input and am sorry that your stay was unpleasant. We will look into the issues you addressed so that we can do better next time.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was perfect for our needs. Friendly staff, clean room, good location and price. The place is old, and rooms are very small, but we were very satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnspringfield, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

I am glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. Your input is very valuable to us. We appreciate your business. Happy travels!

Reviewed June 4, 2013