The room was clean when we arrived. The walls are kind of thin. There were younger, louder people on each side of us, and we could hear more than average talking and noise through the walls after 10 p.m. Not a huge problem, but enough that I noticed it. I just fell asleep with the TV to cover it.
We had 2 problems with our experience at this particular motel. 1. When I booked, I called with a price that I had gotten off Expedia to see if they would match it, so that they could get the entire amount of the room, instead of losing part of it to a third-party. I was not given that price, but the man insisted that the lowest he could go was $2.50 more than the price on-line. I was annoyed, but willing to live with that, even when he told me that if I took it at a higher price I could have the security of the cancellation option. If I took it at the $2.50 more than the Expedia price, I would not have the option of cancelling, just like the terms of the on-line service. I went ahead and booked, because I knew we would be taking this trip. When the confirmation was emailed to me, I thought it was curious that it had a 24-hour cancellation policy listed right on it. But, even more curious, when we arrived, I noticed that there were signs in the office asking us to call and ask to book at the on-line prices, so that we could take advantage of the cancellation policy!! So, basically, this man was trying to 'scare' me into paying a higher price over the phone. I was under the impression that it was the manager that I spoke to, a man with an accent. I thought that was pretty low.
2. Then, apparently the previous visitors to our room left the toilet half clogged. The first time we flushed, the toilet overflowed. Not the hotel's problem, I know. But, the carpet halfway into the room was soaked by the time we could get the water stopped. We called the office, a man (the manager??) came and plunged the toilet and said he would send Maintenence right down to take care of the water. We had to leave for a while. When we returned, there were newspapers covering half of the room. We ended up walking on damp to fully soaked newspapers the rest of the night and all morning while getting ready to leave. We were never offered the courtesy of getting moved to a dry room. Apparently, the management at this motel thinks it is good customer service to let your guests walk on wet newspapers almost the entire length of your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This business has a deposit policy in place if paying for the room with cash, debit, or pre-paid cards. The deposit is $50.00 for out-of-area guests, and $100.00 for guests that live within 60 miles of the hotel. Our complimentary breakfast includes made-to-order waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, pastries, instant oatmeal, yogurt, and cereal. The breakfast room is located on the second floor, but we have an elevator. Our front desk is staffed with our friendly front desk clerks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We hope you'll enjoy staying with us! Safe travels! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Springfield On i-44
- Days Inn & Suites Springfield On i-44 Hotel Springfield
- Days Inn Springfield
- Springfield Days Inn