“Don't judge a book by its cover”

Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44
Ranked #45 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Kansas City, Missouri
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I had read the reviews on this hotel before deciding to stay there. So frightened as I was, I decided to give it a try none the less due to its location, staying here seemed ideal. I was greeted with kindness by a young man by the name of Timothy. We talked for probably 15 20 minutes since there weren't any other customers at the moment. He told me that your stay starts at the front desk, because this is the make or break point. From here you will either love your stay or hate it. Needless to say, I did very much so enjoy my stay. The breakfast was good, the room was clean, and my wake up call was right on time. and thank you Timothy for talking with me, it is because of you that this was wrote.

Room Tip: Call to make the reservation thru Timothy.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This place really gave us the creeps. What a mistake. The tiny room was damp and smelled musty. The carpet looked dirty, although I never walked barefoot on it in order to tell. My son didn't even want to take a shower in the place. Our room was across from the pool where at 10 pm, an extremely Reubenesque woman was being intimate with her boyfriend. We were told we could park by the pool and that it would be closer to our room. After seeing the neighborhood, I parked directly in front of the office. The only positive part of it was the staff who were remarkably cheerful and helpful. Otherwise, flee from this dump.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackofalltrades-usa

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Phoenix
Reviewed April 11, 2011

The staff was friendly at the hotel. I had reserved a King Bed Suite with Jacuzzi which was REALLY nice. Their "breakfast" wasn't that great. An Attendant had to make a waffle for you if you wanted one and the breakfast "room" was actually a converted motel room. For just one night (and if you're not much of a breakfast eater), I'd recommend this hotel. If however, you plan to stay more than one night and prefer a REAL breakfast, choose another hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel near highway. Not good for light sleepers.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Wow, fitness room is a treadmill that doesn't work and something else in a tiny room. Beds were hard and burn holes in sheets and bedspread. Tiny rooms that smelled musty. Run as fast as u can.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank cmonnet
JAMESTOWN
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Hotel Staff was very friendly, but when we first went into the room there was trash under the bedskirt and a used condom laying by the night stand. The room color was awful, nice tv and refrigerator and microwave a nice touch, loved having a coffee pot but staff only left coffee the first night, I had to go buy my own coffee and filters for the rest of the stay. When I asked for towel to go to the pool I had to sign for them which was ok but when I went to the pool it was closed for maintenance. The worst was bedsheets had burnt holes in them and bedspread had holes, tv remote did not work and the back cover of the remote was missing so i took it to the front desk staff put new batteries in it and gave it back to me with no back cover so everytime we used the remote we had to hold the batteries in. Worst of all there were prostitutes staying down below us, I had to go notify staff, she comented that she wonder if that was why she was staying here and the day before we came back to the hotel from watching my son play ball and 2 women were being arrested on the stairs going up to our room. There were several homeless people hanging around the hotel for 3 of the days. I have stayed in Days Inn before and they were nice but I did not feel safe and the experience was bad so I am not sure I will stay again. Going back to Springfield in September but not sure the cheap rate is worth it. Family liked being close to the golf course and the waffle house and it is a convient location. Will have to think long and hard before September.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ANITACJamestown
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I had a King bed room (non smoking) on the 2nd Floor
The Good:
-Nice Outdoor Pool
-Amenities you normally don't see in places twice the price-Refrigerator, Microwave, Iron & Ironing Board, Hair Dryer and Coffee Maker all standard
-Continental Breakfast
-Big Desk, LCD TV, Nice Computer Chair
-Good Water Pressure
-A Variety Of Pillow Sizes/Firmness
-Waffle House in Parking Lot
The Bad:
-Burn Holes in Sheets
-Old Elevator
-No Drawers for Clothes
-WiFi Internet Slow
-Bathroom: Cracked & Browning Caulk around Tub, Paint Peeling by Tub, Dirty Bathtub Mat, Hairs in Tub, Cracked Tub Surround Soap Tray...
All that said, it was fairly comfortable and had amenities that I wouldn't expect at this price. I would probably stay again if I needed an inexpensive hotel near I-44 with easy access.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Stayed there over the weekend awesome room with big flat screen tv, microwave, fridge, plus all your regular stuff that comes with a hotel this place had some better stuff then some higher priced hotels! Staff was Friendly, minutes from downtown where i was going for a concert a that night.. right off the highway i know they had breakfest which i missed :(. Also all kindsof resturants around there, and get this a Waffle house in the same parking lot i had a freakign Waffle house 60 feet from my hotel door! also for being a outside hotel they had elevators come on that is cool also it was very quiet at night. what's cool my hotel room for a double smoking room was only 57 dollars total. Next time i go back to springfield, Missouri i am going back to this place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends