“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #47 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Cushing, Oklahoma
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is one of the if not the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. We chose this hotel because it accepted the occupancy of 5 people (most hotels said that was over their limit). We called ahead before reserviing to make sure they could handle 5 and they said it was no problem that we would get a roll away bed. We never got the bed, we were told it wasn't available even though there was no one else in the hotel at the time. My grandson ended up sleeping on the floor. The beds were broken down and miserable, the breakfast was next to nothing and they claimed to be pet friendly and weren't when they saw us walking our dogs and we hadn't paid for them, they came running out yelling about them. We didn't pay because when we looked them up to reserve it said pet friendly and we didn't look any further. When we checked in they did not ask if we had pets, we would have paid had we known. But in saying that, I really disagree with charging an additional $20 per pet for dogs like ours that between the two of them they weigh less than 12 lbs and they always stay in their kennel when we are not in the room. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone! We have a business and travel alot and have stayed in some nice hotels at reasonable prices. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Brenda W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Papillion, NE
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed there on June 22nd, 2012. One of the beds in our room had a bad spring that completely collapsed like a cardboard box.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Thenderson555

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here, and oh how I wished we would have kept going. It was my husband and myself along with our 2 year old son.

To begin with, the outside door that indicated you needed a key card to gain access was broken. Anyone could walk right in!

We were the only guests at this hotel, no other cars. Yet we received the worst hotel room ever!!! It was dingy and musty. The knobs on the air conditioner were broke. The chair in the room had large holes and was leaning to the side.

I lost my earring at one point, and I made the mistake of using the light on my phone to look on the ground. There was dirt and toenail clippings everywhere!

We will be needing a hotel room in the same city for our return trip. However, this will most definitely NOT be the place.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank dprosapio
Missouri
Reviewed March 17, 2012

2 people at check in, lots of yelling in non english on a phone call instead of waiting on guests. Very rude to hotel guests. Hotel was very dark. Breakfast was very skimpy at best, muffin packages cut in half to become stall, no hot breakfast items as other Wyndham Owned properties. Only dried out bagels, and stale muffins, and really brittle cereal choices, with no milk or other beverages available. Vending machines were empty, yet the parking lot was completely empty. Pool was closed.

Room Tip: Pick a different motel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
BEGGS
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Have stayed a quite a few super 8 during my business travels. The room was big and clean but the check in was oneof the worst expeiences I have had yet. Theclerk was surly at best, never answered about thecost until she handed me my credit card back.

• Stayed January 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 25, 2011

This motel need a top to bottom cleaning. There is mold on the bottom of the shower curtain rods and on the bathroom walls.
the soap and shampoo were not replaced for our second night. The coffee cups were not replaced either.
The breakfast was a joke. The orange juice container had the date scratrched off, the mini muffin packages were suppose to be a 2 pack, but each was seperated so the muffin was exposed to everyones touch.
When i called to make my reservation the owner told me that the motel was new. They must have meant in 1970.

Room Tip: if you want a god room, do not go here! econo lodge and hamption inn are with in 1 block.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This place was clean. The pool was amazing and big. It was kept clean and filled everyday. The rooms were nice and what you expect for a mid range hotel located on the good side of town. Lots to eat around this hotel. People were nice and helped me with all my needs.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family