“Didn't care for this place”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #469 of 683 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Barbecue
Springfield, MO
“Didn't care for this place”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

First time visit. Didn't feel very clean. No one explained you had to stand at counter and order. Menu was not very clear. Had to tell them numerous times what we wanted. Food was good but not a place I would return too.

Visited November 2012

Everett, Washington, United States
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had the brisket with mac & cheese and coleslaw for my sides. The meat was moist and flavorful. Sides were good.

It was a decent quick meal but didn't blow me away.

Visited November 2012
bucyrus,mo
“Neat experience”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The food was alright. The baked potaoe casserole and the pulled pork was very good but all the other sides that we had were alright(okra and onions).

Visited October 2012
Springfield, Missouri, USA
“Good BBQ, poorly layed out space ...”
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

The space is crowded and not well laid out, but the food is tasty. Better for carry out than dine in.

Springfield, Missouri, United States
“Good beef brisket”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've been here twice so far, and I ordered the beef brisket both times. I'm a light eater, so I had enough for lunch the next day. Out of the sides, the green beans with bacon and potato salad are my favorite. The potato salad has a very smooth mashed-potato texture that I liked a lot. The waffle fries are also very good if you are a potato person. Last time, though, I was somewhat annoyed with the management. It was about 5pm on a Saturday, and there were no pickles left at the condiment stand, so I told the manager. She said that someone would put some more out, so I stood up front waiting. Almost five minutes go by, and my food is sitting at the table getting cold (which I allow to happen, because I don't want to eat brisket without pickles). Any minute now, I tell myself, any minute now. The manager is just STANDING at the counter reading a binder the whole time, while the workers are rushing to get orders made. Finally, a worker gets a spare moment to put more pickles out. I don't understand why the manager couldn't do it. Bad customer service, but good food.

Visited September 2012