“A good meal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ziggie's Cafe
Ranked #329 of 673 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denton, Texas
“A good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

I had some doubts when we entered the restaurant. There seemed to be no staff responding to our presence, however that was replaced by a very congenial member of the wait staff. The food was very good and the atmosphere was relaxing.

• Visited June 2014

Saint Charles, Missouri
“Awful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Me and my husband stopped here while visiting looking for a good breakfast meal. That's not what we got. I ordered something as simple as french toast and the bread wasn't cooked at all and the flavor was bland. My husband ordered just a basic breakfast, sunny side eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns. Eggs were too runny, bacon burnt, and the hashbrowns were underooked, I don't understand how so many things could be wrong with the simplest of dishes. On top of the food being bad, the waitress acted as though we were an inconvenience and never came to refill our drinks. We didn't finish our food and just wanted to get out of there so we went up to pay and it was our waitress who processed our check and she didn't ask us if everything was good or anything, just handed me the paper to sign without even a goodbye. Bad food and poor service.

• Visited February 2014
Lancaster, Ohio
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Not a good experience here. The specials of the night were unlimited cod, catfish or ribs. Thankfully, I decided to save a couple of bucks and ordered the two-piece cod platter instead. I got two large, perfectly fried pieces of fish, along with so-so slaw and a bland, iceberg salad. The problem was what was inside that nice, golden batter. Thin, thawed fillets with a mushy consistency and only vaguely tasting of fish. My wife's spinach salad was OK, but served an off-putting room temperature. Service was fine but, based on these meals, this is not a place where I'd return.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good food, good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

There are several Ziggie's in Springfield. We were at the one at 1772 S. Glenstone. The menu is very extensive and the serving sizes were very generous (although not HUGE). Service was friendly and polite. We had coffee refills from a wait that was not ours, but was just walking by and offered to refill our cups -- nice. I had the Greek omelet, my wife has the asparagus omelet. Both were great. I had the biscuits and gravy -- which were OK. The coffee was average. All-in-all at very nice experience. We'd go again if we get the opportunity.

• Visited April 2014
Broken Arrow, United States
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

You can't go wrong eating at Ziggie's. It has one of the largest breakfast menus I have seen. The portions were great and the prices were very affordable. The restaurant was clean. The wait staff was so friendly and helpful. Love to go back again. Don't miss this gem.

• Visited March 2014