“Not even sure where to start...Not Good.”
Review of Las Margaritas - CLOSED

Las Margaritas
Cuisines: Mexican
“Not even sure where to start...Not Good.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Not sure if this was an attempt at an upscale restaurant in a fast food building or a low end mexican joint that's over priced.

First, this is located in a former fast food restaurant. When you visit you have no idea what to expect by looking at the outside. When you walk in you can see the attempt at upscale decor. The fish tank would have been a nice touch if it wasn't 2 inches low on water and needing a desperate cleaning.

The tables had high end white cloth table cloths. Bad choice when you are serving salsa and chips to everyone. They must have figured this out because they had paper rolled over the top of it like an observation table at the doctors office.

The servers were friendly but slow. We had to grab our own silverware which was wrapped in a high end cloth napkin.

The menus were laminated pages and had more of a diner look.

I think whoever made the choices here didn't think it through.

In the end the food was mediocre at best, but the bill for two was $25 for two entrees and two sodas. Very steep for the quality.

I'm giving them a two because the food won't kill you. However, you can get a lot better Mexican food for the money in Springfield. The couple great reviews for this place must be from relatives.

1 Thank Mr-Cool-Traveler

Springfield, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best mexican joint in town!!!!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have been coming here since las margaritas has been open.... I will tell you it is the best mexican food in town and dont let anybody tell you other wise... I love everything on the menu havnt tried one thing yet that i dont. I recomned the taco de pescado... yum!! Not only is the food excellent but the service and wait staff is superb I always have the big guy with dredds wait on me his name is Damon, Hands down the best waiter in town!! if you want great service and awsome margaritas go there.... Ask for the strawberry avacodo margarita its the bomb .com

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank damon d
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This place has turn around completely. Offers great food for the price . Not your average mexican food. More authentic and a much better variaty

1 Thank Rojajessi
“worst mexican food i have ever had”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

my wife and i and our 3 kids went for dinner my wife ordered the burrito enchilada style which came out cold i ordered the margarita burrito which was luke warm and tasted terrible the rice was cold and crunchy none of us finished even half of our meals we had to ask our waitress multiple times for napkins a lime and a box our children received activity mats but were informed that there were no crayons my kids were not offered even a pen however i definately got a pen when it was time to sign the credit card receipt...this was a $45 lesson and both my wife and i are suffering from bad stomach aches we will not he going back

Republic, MO
“Very good food and drinks”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here several times and tried different items off of the menu. I think it's probably our favorite mexican restaurant in Springfield. The portions are very good size, the queso dip is great and the service has always been good. The Chicken Chimichanga is my favorite, my wife's....probably chicken quesadilla with a Margarita!

• Visited October 2012