“An excellent stay”

Inn Springfield East
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn Springfield East for three nights from 12/26-12/29. I was in town to visit with friends. The hotel was close to their home, and was less expensive than other options close by. I was pleased to find out that less expensive did not mean sacrificing of quality. I was greeted warmly upon check in, and on my last night, after I had said goodbye to my friends (a sad experience) I was greeted warmly by the front desk clerk. I was able to get coffee, and the clerk offered me a cookie. It was comforting and helped to make the evening a bit more pleasant.

I enjoyed the room, and found the amenities provided all that I needed. The bed was comfortable, as was the lounging chair in the room. I was not bothered by noise from the rooms next to mine.

I did not have the opportunity to have breakfast at the hotel, but my experience with other La Quinta hotels is that the breakfast is better than most other hotels. As I mentioned, I did have coffee that last night, from the breakfast area and that was a plus.

i also did not have the opportunity to use the pool/spa, but it looked inviting and, in the middle of winter, with such chilly temperatures, having inside facilities is a definite plus!

I will definitely not hesitate to book a room at this hotel on my next visit to Springfield!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed December 5, 2010

For the price (we paid about $65) this hotel is a good value. The room was clean, amenities decent, wi-fi worked, bed good. However, the walls are thin and we could hear normal conversation from next door. When they got to singing...we called the desk. The young man on duty was extremely helpful and moved us to another room which he assured us would be quiet for the night since it was next to a stairwell and the room next door was not going to be booked. It was totally quiet and we were very satisfied. I'd stay here again, but not if it were fully booked and we didn't have an option of moving away from noise. I'm surprised that a national chain like LaQuinta has such minimal construction standards.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
LQSEMGMT, Director of Sales at Inn Springfield East, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2010

Hello,

Thank you so much for your review! I apologize that your stay was not a 10, but am glad that our staff addressed the issue for you.

We definitely encourage constructive criticism from our guests and will be looking into the sound issues for a feasible resolution.

We look forward to your return!
Have a Happy Holiday season!

Reviewed November 16, 2010

I live several hours from my Grand kids (ages 6 and 3). We spend one weekend almost every month at La Quinta East. It's their favorite...and mine, too. Close to the zoo, Bass Pro Shops and all the restaurants, my driving time is limited and my grand kid time is increased. Their indoor swimming pool is a big hit, too...newly renovated pool area and jacuzzi are lovely. The kids also enjoy La Quinta's lots-of-choice-breakfast and the front desk clerks are always friendly and helpful. This hotel has it all, as far as we are concerned.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
LQSEMGMT, Director of Sales at Inn Springfield East, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2010

Hello!

We are so glad that you choose the La Quinta Inn Springfield East for your lodging needs every time you come down to see your grandchildren. As a Family-owned hotel, family is very important to us as well! I'm very happy that our indoor pool and hot-tub was a hit with them, as well as, our free hot breakfast. We try to make all of our guests' visits as "close to home" as possible and strive to do whatever it takes to accomplish this.

We can't wait to see you upon your next visit into Springfield!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reviewed October 31, 2010

Even though the hotel was totally full with tournament teams, it was very quite. The beds and pillows were super comfortable...maybe better than home! And that is saying a lot. I had booked rooms at a different hotel but when we got into town, it was 30 minutes from our gym...called to see if they would work with me on prices since I needed at least 5 rooms. They didn't have enough double rooms but lowered the price of the rooms.I was able to get 7 rooms still in budget. And the kids love having king beds.The breakfast was the usual free breakfast but what was so nice is that they keep it stocked the whole time and with several teenagers sport teams there....they really did a great job.They even let us keep 3 of your rooms for a late check out. Only problem smoke detector battery died at 3am. they took care of it but still. It would be nice if there was a laundry room on each floor instead of just one washer and dyer for the whole hotel...but the staff can't be held responsible for bad designing. Totally loved the way they help and were very kind.

• Stayed: October 2010
LQSEMGMT, Director of Sales at Inn Springfield East, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2010

Hi Folks!

We are very glad that you and your group enjoyed your stay. We understand that that particular weekend was busy for everyone, but we were happy to accommodate in any way possible. I hear your message about the Laundry machines and will make this recommendation to our owner. I apologize about the early morning smoke alarm in your room and am happy that our Front Desk Representative was able to handle that situation for you!

Thanks for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed October 22, 2010

The staff was very friedndly from the moment we walked in through check out time. Our room was very clean and quiet, we slept great! We didn't have time to use the pool area on this trip but it looked very nice and clean as well. Breakfast was good especially the waffles.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The room was spotless and quiet. My three starving teenagers loved the breakfast, too. The desk staff were pleasant. This was the second time our family has stayed at this hotel, and we will stay at the La Quinta Springfield Inn again when we come back to Springfield. Thank you for making our trip a grand experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed with La Quinta because they are "pet-friendly" (no extra charge for a pet) and the hotel was beautiful, the people at the front desk were professional and friendly and the location was perfect. We really liked the decor, so up-to-date and contemporary and warm. Even without a pet in tow, we plan to stay at La Quinta's in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple