“Clean but noisy”

Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Adrian, Missouri
“Clean but noisy”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This La Quinta Inn was very clean and the staff was very nice. I gave it an average review because the walls were paper thin...or so it seemed. We could hear the conversations being carried on in the next room, hear their tv and in the night, whoever was in there could sure snore! We were on the 2nd floor and could hear the peole above us as well. I don't have overly sensitive hearing. I will give the facility a good grade for being clean. We also really liked the bathroom set-up with toilet & shower in the bathroom then a vanity outside the door, but still closed off from the rest of the room in a little alcove. It gave whoever was at the sink a little privacy. The pool looked wonderfully inviting, but was too chilly for my taste, so we did not swim. We did sit in the hot tub and did enjoy it. We were meeting friends for breakfast, so we did not partake of the hotel breakfast. Overall, the hotel was just fine. I'm not sure that we will stay there again just because you could hear everything through the walls.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brennan P, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Springfield East, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest

We apologize that you experienced dissatisfaction during your stay. We would love for you to give us another opportunity to take care of you while you travel. And this time we can try and put you on the 3rd floor on a quiet end. Thank you for the complements about our staff, and our cleanliness, and I am glad that you enjoyed our hot tub.

Sincerely

Brennan Purvis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
West Brookfield, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We (my wife and I) stayed here 1 night. It was a very clean friendly hotel with plenty of food places nearby. The front desk was super friendly and helpful and we would defiantly stay again. We will recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the nearby area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank swsidlo
Brennan P, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Springfield East, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate your kind words, and are glad to hear you would visit us again if given the opportunity. We hope you are given the opportunity because we would love to see you again.

Sincerely

Brennan Purvis
usa
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Several years ago we moved so had to take our dog on the road. La Quinta was there but not wanting to make our stay pleasant. Things have changed for the better. We don't have an "accessory" dog or take her anywhere without a reason. This year, we didn't get the OK to go until after flights and dog sitters were gone.

La Quinta Springfield East gave us friendly desk personnel and though our room was next to the ice machine and soda machine (a bete noire for us dog owners) she slept all night which enabled us to do so as well.

Staff assembled a list of a few La Quintas for our next stop before home. They were personable and helpful and I thank them for their kindness when they could have been home with their families.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thedoglady
Brennan P, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Springfield East, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your review. One of the things I continue to be thankful for, is that we have a staff that makes our guest feel at home and a part of our family. I am thankful you gave La Quinta another chance, and that we were able to pleasantly surprise you.

Have A Bright Day!
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Clean, friendly, comfortable, well-located, free breakfast -- it's all very good -- and a good value, too! I paid less than $100 total for a nice room. The only drawback, really, that prevents me from rating it even higher is the seemingly too-thin walls and/or noise insulation. I could literally hear the conversation from next door -- it was muffled, but way too audible for me to comfortable with. They weren't all-night party people, thankfully. But, some others down the hall sure were up late-- you could easily hear the room doors open and seemingly slam shut well into the night (the last I heard was after 3 in the morning). It wasn't as if I were kept continuously awake, but it did wake me periodically. Before going to sleep, I was so conscious of the thin walls that I kept my TV volume very low so as not to possibly disturb others. I wish my immediate neighbors had figured that out :-)
Anyway, honestly, every other aspect if the room and the service and the stay were just great. Maybe it's because it was a Friday? Who knows?

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank tonyvski
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of our property.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Front Desk lady was so friendly and helpful.
The landscaping of the property is so superior to most hotels that is a credit to the owners.
The room was clean and modern.
The king bed was soooo comfortable. Better than at home

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank jim72150
Brennan P, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Springfield East, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate people taking the time to tell others how their stay was. We look forward to the next time you visit with us, and hope to make it better than this one.