“Pleasantly Surprised”

Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield I-44
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Several years ago we moved so had to take our dog on the road. La Quinta was there but not wanting to make our stay pleasant. Things have changed for the better. We don't have an "accessory" dog or take her anywhere without a reason. This year, we didn't get the OK to go until after flights and dog sitters were gone.

La Quinta Springfield East gave us friendly desk personnel and though our room was next to the ice machine and soda machine (a bete noire for us dog owners) she slept all night which enabled us to do so as well.

Staff assembled a list of a few La Quintas for our next stop before home. They were personable and helpful and I thank them for their kindness when they could have been home with their families.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank thedoglady
Brennan P, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield I-44, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your review. One of the things I continue to be thankful for, is that we have a staff that makes our guest feel at home and a part of our family. I am thankful you gave La Quinta another chance, and that we were able to pleasantly surprise you.

Have A Bright Day!

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Clean, friendly, comfortable, well-located, free breakfast -- it's all very good -- and a good value, too! I paid less than $100 total for a nice room. The only drawback, really, that prevents me from rating it even higher is the seemingly too-thin walls and/or noise insulation. I could literally hear the conversation from next door -- it was muffled, but way too audible for me to comfortable with. They weren't all-night party people, thankfully. But, some others down the hall sure were up late-- you could easily hear the room doors open and seemingly slam shut well into the night (the last I heard was after 3 in the morning). It wasn't as if I were kept continuously awake, but it did wake me periodically. Before going to sleep, I was so conscious of the thin walls that I kept my TV volume very low so as not to possibly disturb others. I wish my immediate neighbors had figured that out :-)
Anyway, honestly, every other aspect if the room and the service and the stay were just great. Maybe it's because it was a Friday? Who knows?

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank tonyvski

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of our property.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Front Desk lady was so friendly and helpful.
The landscaping of the property is so superior to most hotels that is a credit to the owners.
The room was clean and modern.
The king bed was soooo comfortable. Better than at home

Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank jim72150
Brennan P, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield I-44, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate people taking the time to tell others how their stay was. We look forward to the next time you visit with us, and hope to make it better than this one.

A La Quinta traveler
Columbia City, IN
Reviewed October 26, 2012

2  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Brennan P, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield I-44, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way across country because we had a coupon for 15% off and they allow dogs with no extra fee. The cost was about $90 and we thought a little high but due to it's proximity to Branson, MO. The room had a very comfortable king sized bed with 5 fluffy pillows. There were two nightstands, a chair with ottoman, wardrobe to hang clothes, desk, chest of drawers, flat screen TV, microwave, mini-fridge and a coffee maker! If the room was a car I'd say it was" loaded." Had a hot breakfast including eggs, waffles, cereal, yogurt and other items. Only issue was poor service at checkout. Would stay there again and would recommend to others!

Room Tip: We told them we wanted first floor by a door so it would be convenient to take our dogs out and they...

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad we were able to accommodate your request. I am a dog owner as well and I know how important it is when traveling to have a room near a door on the first floor. I am sorry for the issue you had a check out. I will look into that and make sure it does not happen again.

Have A Bright Day

A TripAdvisor Member
PEORIA
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Walking distance to eating establishments. Room quality and service were average. Breakfast was good. Cable TV set up was not updated and WiFi set up seemed antiquated. I need 100 characters so I will keep writing until I get to 100 characters. This is ridiculous.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, and I am sorry you had issues with our internet and cable. But I appreciate you letting us know about the problems you had with the internet, and the cable in your room. I have brought it to the attention of our maintenance staff and they are making sure that those issues get resolved. Be safe and we will see you next time.

A TripAdvisor Member
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have two small dogs that travel well and are very well behaved. We never leave them alone in our room and hope other travelers with pets do the same. Thank you for a goods nights stay. We will be back again. This is our 3rd stay at this location.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brennan P, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield I-44, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest

We are glad to hear you and your dogs had an enjoyable time with us. I love that we are a dog friendly hotel because that allows me to meet a lot of new canine friends. We look forward to your next visit.