“Great stay”

Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised after a long trip to have refreshing ice water waiting for me at the front desk. Clean rooms, great staff and very comfortable beds and pillows. Breakfast was what I expected. The biscuits and gravy were very good. The breakfast room was inviting. Sitting area with tv and papers was nice relaxing area. The business center great for was reading.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank retireandhappy

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I love quality inns....they're usually very clean with comfortable beds a good breakfast....this one was exactly that....plus Joe and Joesph! Would definitely come back and stay here....the only complaint....no movie channel....but they do have a pancake machine!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have family in Springfield and this hotel is so close to their house. The place is clean and a pleasant place to stay. The breakfast was yummy and because we LOVE to visit, this is our "Springfield" hotel. It's location is also convenient to the attractions.

Room Tip: If able, I always prefer the second floor. A better sense of safety and quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jules H
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is wonderful! We love staying here on all our trips to Springfield. The staff is so accommodating and friendly! We always get a great rate and a wonderful room. We also love the karoake bar next door. It is LOTS of fun with lots of talented people!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We went to springfield for 2 nights and stayed here based on trip adviser reviews. Joe checked us in, very nice and friendly. We were give a smaller room than reserved but Joe was very willing to correct the issue. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable, pool was nice and comfortable and the breakfast was very good. The biscuits are better than most and the pancake machine was a hit with our granddaughter.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The room was huge. It had two queen beds, a small flat screen tv, microwave, refrigerator, and a desk. You could have a couple of roll away beds in the room and it would still feel spacious. The vanity and sink is outside of the bathroom. We just needed a place to crash so we just basically slept, had breakfast, and left. We didn't use the refrigerator or microwave so can't say if they worked or not. The room was very quiet and we had a good nights rest. The room was clean but you can tell the Inn is on the older side. The bed was comfortable, the air conditioner worked and we were able to get a good night's rest.

Breakfast ended at 9:30 and we got there at 9:15 but there was still food left. They had biscuits and gravy, an assortment of bagels and bread, yogurt, boiled eggs, and an automatic pancake machine. They also had cereal and fresh juices. I don't think they had sausages or bacon. I had pancakes and they were fine.

We didn't use any of the amenities but I did see a business center and an indoor pool. The only thing I found odd was that the lobby and hallways seemed a bit stuffy. The room was nice and cool but when you walk in the Inn, you can feel the humidity and the stuffiness. I'm pretty sure the lobby and hallways are not air conditioned. We went in late May so maybe they don't turn on the air conditioner until it gets really hot.

The only thing I didn't like about the place was the location. We got it on priceline late at night while we were driving on 44 West. My phone wasn't working very well so I wasn't able to figure out the location of the Inn. It's in Chesterfield which is about 8-10 miles from highway 44. The neighborhood seemed nice but we didn't have a chance to look around.

Overall, it was a nice place and I was thinking that a family of 6 or 8 could comfortably fit in the room because it was so big. The staff was also nice and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I decided with less than a week away from traveling to break up my drive by staying in Springfield, MO. I checked Trip Advisor for something available on relatively short notice, inexpensive but clean, and in a safe location, convenient to the highway. I selected Quality Inn & Suites - Chesterfield. (Chesterfield is the name of the little business district surrounding the hotel.) I was very satisfied with the cost, the cleanliness, the comfort and the convenience of this hotel. For dietary reasons, I travel with my own breakfast items, so didn't eat on site, but enjoyed the refrigerator in the room instead. It was quiet, but ran cold enough to keep my dairy products safe. A nice bonus - I was able to order and pick up an excellent pizza from Garbo's Pizzeria, which was only a block or two away in the same business district - easy walking distance.

The only problem I had at all was opening the west entry door from the outside. I would swipe my room card for entry, but the release was not completely releasing the door. After several tries, another guest told me he had to yank it open after swiping, which did indeed work. I went to the lobby to report the problem and eventually found the desk clerk smoking in front of the hotel. When I told him about the door, he acknowledged knowing about the problem and said they had ordered a part. If I were the manager, I would have taped a sign on the door to communicate this fact to those of us who don't typically yank hard on doors!

Room Tip: Easy to get to from HWY 60 and back on again.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo