“Strategically placed and nice staff”

Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar- South
Ranked #42 of 696 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The custom salads are great. Apps and meat meals are very good. The service at both the Republic and Kearney restaurants are both great. I have not had a bad Houlihan's meal, and the kids love them too.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had the buffalo chicken salad, and I keep craving it! so very good! the service is inconsistent though, sometimes it's excellent, and other times not so much.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our first dining opportunity at Houlihan's-South couldn't have better. We were seated quickly and given ample time to look over the extensive menu by an attentive and friendly waitress. There were a number of intriguing choices and going large (him-pork tenderloin sandwich) and light (her-mushroom and arugula flatbread) proved to be great choices. The presentation was interesting and our food delicious. The restaurant itself was busy but didn't feel crowded because of the different levels of seating. There seemed to be plenty of waitstaff. The prices were reasonable and the location was easy for out of towners to find. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This wasn't the first time I have eaten here but it will be my last. We waited 40 minutes to be seated when there were 8 empty booths. There were 4 parties in front of us waiting as well and one walked out since the hostess managed to seat a family that had just walked in prior to any of us that had been waiting. When we asked about it they said they had no idea and they don't have call ahead; I asked.
Once we did get seated it took 50 minutes to receive our food of which all entrees were burned. The tortillas for the tacos were black (no exaggeration) and I received beef when I ordered chicken. I didnt complain because I didn't want to wait longer to get my food. The two hamburgers we ordered were ordered to medium temperature but were chargrilled at well done. The chicken Parmesan was burned black entirely on the underside. You could barely cut through it. I will give credit to the cook who was smart enough to plate all of these burned side down. When the manager came by to ask how everything was we did show her the food and did say we didn't want a discount. As a business owner and manager, I'd rather have improvements in service and food quality! However, there are many other choices in Springfield, especially when it comes to chain/franchises, with better food and service (and at a lower price) and we will be opting for these. Had it been just one of these things, our business could've been salvaged but just a bad experience from start to finish!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Food was good and service was very friendly, although a bit slow, would say more like unhurried, which was fine with us. Could have been quicker with drink refills. Overall very positive experience