“The family and I loved it!!!”

Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar- at DoubleTree
Ranked #6 of 705 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at the Double Tree and since this restaurant was conveniently located in it we decided to eat there. I wasn't really hungry so I decided to eat an appetizer of Calamari. Then I chased it down with a Martini flight. All was excellent. I enjoyed my first flight so I took another and tried 3 other Martinis. The Adam and Eve is by far the best and I don't recommend the chocolate. The kids ate macaroni and it was really good.

Overall the whole experience was really great. The food and drinks were excellent and the service with great.

Kasie H, General Manager at Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar- at DoubleTree, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review! We are glad your family enjoyed themselves at dinner. I will pass along your wonderful comments to my team. We look forward to the next time you and your family can join us again

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Started with the martini flight. 3 not-so-small martinis for only $7.95 was a great deal. Had the scallops on lemon-asperagus risotto and it was fabulous. Dessert was a pecan tart with ice cream which was homemade and delicious.

Kasie H, General Manager at Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar- at DoubleTree, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review on our restaurant! I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us. I will definitely pass this great review on to my team. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great restaurant and bar concept . . . a little slow at 930pm at night, bar packed, family just wanted to eat . . . but excellent food after the wait on a Sunday night!

Kasie H, General Manager at Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar- at DoubleTree, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your experience with us. We are glad you brought your family in to have dinner with us Sunday. I apologize for the speed of service and hope the next time you are in the area we can take care of you and your family in a more timely manner. I am glad you enjoyed the food our chefs prepared for you. I hope that the next time you are in the area you bring your family in again to join us. Thanks again for taking the time to comment!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I highly recommend the french onion soup and chicken nachos. Great flavor for both. My family enjoyed it too. The french fried asparagus was ok but not highly recommended.

Kasie H, General Manager at Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar- at DoubleTree, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the French Onion Soup and the Chicken Nachos. I will pass the compliments on to our Chefs. We look forward to you and your family joining us for dinner again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I've eaten at Houlihan's before but this time was exceptional. The food was fresh and flavorful and our server (Erika?) was very knowledgeable about the menu. My husband has food allergies and what she didn't know she took the time to find out from the chef. His steak did come out a little undercooked but it was returned to us perfect and she did it all with a courtesy and humor that isn't always found in a waitresses The drinks from the bar were delicious (I love the strawberry basil drink). We will deffinantly be back and if it impresses me as much as it did this last visit I see it quickly becoming one of our regular places.

Kasie H, General Manager at Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar- at DoubleTree, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I am glad my team could accommodate your husband's needs regarding his allergies and make this a great experience for you all. I will pass along this great review to Erica, and the rest of the team. We hope to become a regular location for your family and we look forward to seeing you again in the future