“Outstanding experience!”
Review of Aviary Cafe

Aviary Cafe
Ranked #13 of 701 Restaurants in Springfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This cafe was opened three months ago and after a second lovely visit, I wanted to tell "the world" about them! 417.866.NEST
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our daughter & son-in-law were visiting from North Dakota & it should say much that we chose The Aviary as one of the places we wanted to take them. We were absolutely not disappointed. The food, service and general atmosphere were superb, one of the Chefs even came out and snapped a group picture! Needless to say we will be back!

1  Thank Brian B

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I personally think that this café is garbage, but it just may not be my thing. I can see from other people’s reviews that a lot of people like it. However, I first ate their food at the local farmer’s market. They have a food truck that sells food. When I visited that, I got a burger. I’m no chef, but I know that it is pretty hard to make a terrible burger. Well, somehow, they managed to do so. The burger was tiny and dry, although the bun and toppings were decent. The fries that came with it were not too bad. Probably what did not help matters was that the burger was $10 (and in Springfield, Mo if you’re charging $10 for a burger, it is usually a huge, delicious burger) and it took over 20 minutes to be prepared.

If our experiences stopped there, I would not rate it as “terrible.” However, my wife ate there this morning, and had the Sourdough French toast with rum butter pecan. The picture she took of it made me want some of it. She said that it was “cold and hard.” My wife isn’t one to let a manager know at a restaurant when the food is bad, so she didn’t say anything. Had I not been at work, I would have.

These are just our opinions, but I can tell you for a fact we will not be visiting this café ever again. There are far, far better places to eat in Springfield.

1  Thank toddgak
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Excellent food - unique and nicely presented. Have had both lunch and dinner there. For dinner, the lamb chops and steak frites are especially good. Funky, fun room.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had high expectations for my first dining experience at the Aviary and was a bit let down. The seating was very, very hard and absolutely uncomfortable. I did enjoy looking out the huge beautiful windows and seeing some downtown, made up for the seating! The French onion soup was average, the meal adequate but rather bland and lacking that oomph i was seeking, with the highlight being the exceptionally tasty pomme frittes. Unfortunately my drink was watered down and service slow, even though there were very few customers. I did see a couple enjoying a lovely dessert, and if i do make a second appearance might try the nutella crepes and a dessert!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I make a point to try a new resturant each month, and thats how we found Aviary, and now we keep coming back! The dessert crepes are so amazing that we have literally gone and each ordered one for dinner! But the pomme fries and savory crepes are amazing as well. The Salted Caramel, The Funky Monkey and Rocky Road are to die for, I literally crave them!

Service can be hit or miss, but this is a very small resturant, don't come here for your 40 minute lunch break, come enjoy the super cute atmosphere and relax for a while! This is a tad pricey but so yummy its worth the splurge now and again.