“Great place to stay and we'll be back!”

Hampton Inn & Suites, Springfield
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times. It's very clean and the staff is always friendly and caring. We have been, and will continue to be, repeat customers.

Room Tip: Would like to see the hotel install magnifying mirrors in the bathrooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Very nice lobby and hallways. Good breakfast! Room smelled like urine though and the air conditioning unit shook and made a horrible rattle sound all night. Would've asked to change rooms but was only there for a quick snooze on a road trip across the U.S.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Me and my family decided to leave for vacation one day early and stay in Springfield before heading to St. Louis. We stayed close to Glenstone and many restaurants.
My husband had a class in town the next day so me and my children enjoyed the amazing pool and breakfast while we waited for him. The fresh brewed coffee (that was always available) was amazing and the staff were extremely courteous. They allowed us to stay for late checkout which worked out well with my husband's schedule.

Like I said, there are a lot of restaurants as well as two local golf courses (18 hole and a par 3 course). If I wouldn't have had children with us, we would have headed to the course. Since I did have the kids with me, we were able to walk to the Steak-N-Shake next door and enjoy lunch and some very delicious shakes.

It was very family friendly and my kids loved how nice everyone was.

Room Tip: Become a Hiton Honors member!
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I was lucky to get the last room that day. I had tried to book a room online a few days before but it was fully booked. Finally, I called the hotel and got the last room with a good rate. The stuff was very nice and helpful. The hotel was a bit dated but still looked clean all over. I got room number 314. The bed was clean and comfortable, but the air conditioner was very noisy! So, I hardly slept that night. Breakfast was just ok. I love Hilton Garden inn's breakfast more.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Nice hotel. It was a stopping point on our way from Chicago to Dallas. Bathroom was huge! Breakfast was a great bonus. Very clean and family friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in a king suite while attending our daughter's college graduation. We like the Hilton chain but have occasionally been disappointed. This hotel is what you would expect from a Hampton. Clean well appointed rooms, good bed and decent breakfast. Good service from the staff, however after deciding to stay the second night the front desk was not able to give me the same rate I could get online. I find that odd when you are right there in the hotel. For the area I think it is a little overpriced, but very good non the less. I would stay here again for only if the rate was better. I stayed a third night up the street and saved $30.00 with a much better breakfast and was just happy if not happier with my stay.

Room Tip: We thought the suite was well worth the price.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during a spring break trip w/ 2 children ages 9 & 6 and it was perfect. The front desk help in the evening was very friendly and helpful letting us know the times the pool was open and breakfast was served. They gave us some good ideas for dinner. The breakfast hostess went out of her way being friendly to the children and making sure we had everything we could want. The hotel was very clean and nice!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family