“Best Hotel By Far”

Residence Inn Springfield
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I can not say enough good things about the Springfield Residence Inn by Marriott. The hotel is beautiful and really makes you feel like home. The hot buffet breakfast was better than advertised....which is incredible these days. The spacious suite even had a full kitchen but we decided to oder room service from Zio's Italian Grill. WOW, that was nice. The pool was cool and inviting and the workout room suited my needs perfectly. The best thing though was the staff. The front desk was incredible. Kudos to you all!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank weekendretreat65
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2009

Wow,
It is so nice to know that our efforts are appreciated. Thank you very much for the kind words. We are so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations and we do hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2009

We stayed again at the RI in south Springfield. It's clean, comfortable and reliable, with a friendly and helpful staff. We were there a week this time and enjoyed the breakfast buffet every day.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FalconTx

Thank you so much for the kind response and for choosing our hotel. It means a lot to me and my team when our guests have a pleasant experience. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed April 13, 2009

I'll start with the only complaint I had, and that was a little bit of noise. We were however right next to the elevator.
The best part is that's my only complaint. The room was plenty spacious and the furniture nice. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. On weekends the prices drop, and it was more than reasonably priced during my stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank TheFishie
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2009

Thank you so much for the very kind words. It really makes our team feel good when we know that we have another satisfied guest! We do hope to see you again in the very near future and please call me personally and I will try to ensure you are a little further away from the elevator next time.

Reviewed April 1, 2009

Went to Springfield for the weekend and it was perfect. The room was comfortable (although the fireplace timer clicks a little loud), the stay was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, and the free breakfast was very good. Although there isn't an indoor pool, there is an indoor hot tub that is the best I've ever seen at a hotel. It is also very easy to get to and close to everything. One night, we walked next door to Zio's and it was also excellent.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sjdeter
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2009

Thank you so much for the very kind words and for choosing our Residence Inn by Marriott for your visit. We do strive hard to exceed our guests expectations and it is always nice to see the results! We do hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed October 24, 2008

Stayed at this RI for business... very clean rooms, looks pretty new too, very friendly staff. Nice free breakfast. You have 2 levels of internet - a 384k version for free (wired and wireless) and up to 1.5mbps for a fee - like $8/day. Inside entrance (unlike other RI's). Other than the 5 points per $1 (instead of 10 pts/$1 with other marriott properties) this is a perfect place!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank identraveler
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2009

Thank you so much for the rave reviews! It is with comments such as yours that make it all worth while. You will also be pleased to know that we are upgrading our complimentary high speed internet so that it is even faster! We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future!

Reviewed May 9, 2008

On May 1st I had the occassion to stay at the Residence Inn in Springfield, Missouri. I had been on a week long business trip to Missouri and it was a pleasure staying in a Residnence Inn. I and my business associate shared a two bedroom suite. This afforded us the ability to stretch out and work on our business projects. Our suite had a full full kitchen and a fireplace. The Lobby at the Residence Inn is nicley appointed and the facility was one of the nicest Residence Inn's in which I have stayed. I would not hesitate in staying at this hotel should the need arise to visit Springfield in the future.

Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank BlueMarlinDave

Thank you so much for the very kind words. Our team loves to know when we have succeeded in making another guest happy. You will be pleased to know that we have completely new decor in the suites now. I hope you love it when you come back to see us!

Reviewed April 22, 2008

We recently stayed at the Residence Inn due to traveling for a funeral. The rooms were nice and clean. I like the bedroom being off to the side like a suite. The room had a mini kitchen that came with microwave popcorn, coffee, tea and place settings for 4.
The breafast was great all 3 days. My kids loved the waffles and muffins.
We liked the bacon and eggs and toast.
Free wireless access downstairs next to the cafe.
I think it's free in the room as well, but I forgot my laptop, so i cannot verify that.

There is also a restaurant within walking distance of the property called Zio's. It's Italian and it was wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Lori Jeannine

Thank you so much for the kind review. We love to hear how we are doing. We do try hard to exceed our guest's expectations. I look forward to seeing you again in the very near future!