Residence Inn Springfield
$91
$196
$167
$72
Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$79
$84
  • Breakfast included
$99
$96
Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$72
Best Western Plus Coach House(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$96
$87
BestWestern.com
$115
Greenstay Hotel & Suites(Springfield)(Great Value!)
Priceline
All reviewsbasketball courtfront deskone bedroom suitefull kitchenfire pitliving areamarriott propertieshome away from homevisiting familywaffleshotel roomworkout roomgreat breakfastbusiness tripconvenient locationwe've stayedsausage
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend, so we had to pay a $50 a night upcharge. We agreed to the increased cost, so that is not why I am unimpressed with the Residence Inn. I am less than thrilled because the hotel was full, and yet they didn't seem to add any additional staff to accommodate the increase in guests.

Our room didn't get cleaned until after 4 o'clock each day. And then we were told we would have to wait for towels because they weren't available yet. When we asked for some shampoo (we were given two conditioners and no shampoo) I was told they were out of shampoo but would bring some by the room later.

The breakfast bar that was included was crowded each morning, and I felt sorry for the two workers that were running themselves ragged trying to keep up. Each morning there were instances of people standing around, with plate in hand, waiting for silverware to be brought out or coffee pots to be refilled. Bowls of eggs, sausage, and French toast were consistently empty. Guests were just standing around waiting until a lot of them left grumbling.

In spite of the lack of workers, the ones that were working were pleasant to deal with.

After paying more for the holiday weekend, I would expect the hotel to add additional staff to accommodate the increase in guests. I feel like we paid more, but got less. When we come back to Springfield I think we will try some other hotel in hopes of getting our money's worth.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bliming
Residence S, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to Springfield.
I apologize that the hotel was so busy and that our team had a hard time keeping up with the crowds. Although we had three breakfast attendants over that weekend it was quite hard keeping up with the amount of guests and the food demands. We do try to extend the breakfast hours though so that everyone is provided for. Please give me a call regarding your rate because I show that our normal weekend rate was in place so I am not sure about the perceived upcharge. I will happy to take a look. Thank you for noticing how friendly our team is because they really do care. We do look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a week.
This was a very clean place to stay. If you are ever in Springfield I would Recommend this place. The staff was always very nice and accommodating.
The food every morning was alway hot and fresh.

• Stayed: June 2013
Residence S, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words and for choosing our Residence Inn for your extended stay needs. It is so nice when our guest have a lovely stay. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Upon arrival, I was very pleased with how the outside of those hotel looked, how friendly the front desk staff was, and how safe the parking lot seemed. When the kids and I got to the room, we were very pleased with how spacious the room was! It was nice and clean and the full kitchen is nice to have, even though we only stayed one night,

The disappointing part was when I took my kids down to check out the pool area. First of all, there were teenage kids in the breakfast area unsupervised who were being pretty loud and there were some boyfriend-girlfriend relationships there that showed the potential to get out of hand.

As we made our way outside, it was very clear that the adults of some large group of kids were having a party of their own. There was a group by the firepit as well as the table outside of the pool area with several beer cans and beer bottles, with the adults having a loud, partying good time. What really shocked me was inside the pool area! Kids were in the pool swimming while their parents were partying. Beer bottles and wine bottles were inside the pool area as the parents seemed oblivious to anything at all wrong with glass in the pool area. Needless to say, we did not use the pool! It was a bit intimidating to walk past the party animal parents with my kids in tow.

Breakfast was just okay, nothing great at all. Some things seemed pretty bland and on the stale side, but not the worst I've ever had either. With Marriott hotels you do expect a little better.

Maybe we just visited at the wrong time when the rowdy crowd was there, so I would consider returning because of the cleanliness of the rooms and also because of how spacious they were! I'd love it if the breakfast items were a little fresher, though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool if you want to ensure that it will be quiet. The firepit area seems to draw a crowd.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Residence S, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind comments,
We are so pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. We do work hard to ensure everyone enjoys their visit to Springfield. I do apologize that some of our guests were not behaving appropriately and I have spoken to my team to try to keep a closer eye out for bottles being carried in the pool area. By all means let us know next time, and we will address it promptly as we have multiple team members on duty 24/7. We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We love this Residence Inn. Staff is always very friendly. Rooms are always clean. Very convenient to have the tub/shower and stool in one room with the sink area apart from bathroom. Free breakfast is delicious with plenty of sitting room. Pool and hot tub area well maintained. Enjoyed sitting around the fire pit at night. We will definitely go back again when we visits our friends in Ozark.

Room Tip: All rooms we have stayed in are very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Residence S, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words,
And thank you for staying with us whenever you are in the Springfield area. We are so pleased that you continue to enjoy our hospitality and all we have to offer. It means a lot to us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed 2 nights to visit family in the area. have stayed here before. This has become our "home away from home" in Springfield. Great customer service and attentive staff. Great breakfast bar with a good selection. Room was comfortable and spacious, housekeeping did great job. My kids had a great time at the pool. Had such a good stay we stayed a extra night on Marriott points. A top-notch hotel and a close tie in terms of favorite Residence Inn between this one and the one in Grapevine, Texas. Keep up the great work and look forward to staying there again when the time comes! Thanks for being such a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Close to several chain eating places and Cox South Hospital, right off of James River Expressway. Probably a little higher priced than the average Residence Inn but worth it
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill F
Residence S, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

I am so pleased you returned to see us and that you enjoyed your visit once again. We will have to work harder now to break that tie. :) We look forward to your next visit and enjoy your summer.