“Courteous, attentive and responsive”

Courtyard Springfield Airport
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Courteous, attentive and responsive”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My daughter and I stopped at the Springfield Airport Marriott for one night since this is about halfway between the Chicago area and Dallas to where I'm relocating. I paid for the two rooms with points. We arrived later than we'd thought but everything was arranged. The Check-In process was very efficient, the Front Desk personnel were very friendly and explained everything about the hotel and its surroundings. We needed and got a late check-out the next day and again, the staff was very thoughtful and courteous. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Springfield Missouri area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank George H
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
George H: Thank you for sharing your positive experiences at our hotel. I am so proud that we were able to give you and your daughter exceptional service. I hope you will stay again if traveling through this area. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Bucyrus, Ohio
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had a room with a single queen. Very nice room. Nice placement of furniture. Updated TV. The hotel is busy but I didn't feel like number. The desk had plenty of outlets. It was clean and well kept. The bedding was crisp and clean, very comfortable.

Room Tip: Book your room well in advance. This place is busy and difficult to extend a stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank ldnj2
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your review. This is terrific news that you enjoyed your stay. We truly want each and every Guest to have an enjoyable, relaxing, and productive stay. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Upon arriving was told I didn't have a reservation and the hotel was sold out. Went to my car, got my computer, pulled up my confirmation, and it turns out I did have a reservation.

Went to room and it reeked of smoke. Went back to front desk and requested a change. Was told again the hotel was sold out and he couldn't do anything. I pushed back and said that's unacceptable and to call the GM if that's what it takes. He found a new room.

Unfortunately that room also smelled of smoke and was dingy but it was so much better than the first one that we kept it.

I've stayed at many courtyards over the years. Don't recall ever having to push so hard for reasonable service. The front-desk clerk really does make a difference in the quality of the stay.

Hotel is clean and location is about 10 minutes from airport. If the front desk service had been up to par and the 2nd room truly smoke-free would have had no complaints. But that's a lot of ifs...

Room Tip: They emphasize it's a smoke-free hotel so they're clearly aware of the problem with smokers...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank WaltG677
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am happy that you found our facility met your needs. However, I wish you had a more hospitable experience with the Front Desk. I will be following up with that team. If you have any additional information you can contact me directly 417-869-6700. We value your opinion and appreciate that you chose the Courtyard. I hope that you will give us another opportunity on a future trip. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Wentzville, Missouri
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We are Marriott people and try to stay in Marriott whenever possible. The rate for this hotel is very reasonable. Only one other Marriott hotel in Springfield at the moment. Quaint hotel, but smaller rooms, I think. Very clean though! Very nice outdoor sitting area, but pool is very small. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rostman
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is kind of you to share your comments of an enjoyable stay with other travelers. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay again. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Diamondhead, Mississippi
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Although I normally stay at the Marriott Residence Inn in South Springfield, on this trip it was more convenient to stay at the Courtyard near the airport. The check in clerks seemed inexperienced and made mistakes in room assignments. We asked for two beds in the room as our grandchildren were with us, but we were given one bed with a sofa bed. An elderly relative was initially assigned to a room that had no yet been cleaned. The staff seemed neither unfriendly nor friendly, and just seemed distant. The rooms were cleaned well each day and the public areas are attractive. The pool was clean with ample towels although the water seemed rather cold for a heated indoor pool.

I guess you could say the "deal killer" for us staying here again with our grandchildren was the prepaid breakfast. First you need a breakfast certificate which we paid for as part of our room rate. With the breakfast certificate you are allowed either two cold choices such as oatmeal and bread or one hot choice. I realize that people do tend to overeat, however, having to pay extra for a three year old child who had only one egg without toast and a small cup of oatmeal was annoying. The children's menu was also extremely limited. My l0 year old granddaughter ordered one item, a breakfast sandwich, and as it was not on the children's menu, we were charged for this. They did not have my drink of choice, hot chocolate. I was given only one pat of butter for my toast. I assume this service is contracted out by Marriott and the contractor is interested in making maxium profit. Since this appears to be an overnight airport hotel, most people would not consider this a problem. If you are in the area for a few days, however, there are many better options in the area. Sorry Marriott, I am a frequent visitor to your hotels and have earned free nights, however, this hotel will not be a repeat visit for our family.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Mississippi
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I regret you did not enjoy your stay fully. I wish we would have modified the children's breakfast to better suit the needs of the child. I will be also sharing your comments with our staff to see if they can find better ways to be interactive. I am happy that you found our facilities clean and well stocked. We pride ourselves with excellence in this area and find that our guests recognize this. Thank you for your feedback. I hope you will stay with Courtyard again if given the opportunity. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 28, 2014

There are fifty different motel chains in Springfield, MO., but the Marriott Coutyard on the West Bypass and highway 44 is really the best in the area.
All of the rest are all bunched up on the main drags of the city, and this one is all alone in a low traffic area.
The room was up to the standards set by the Marriott chain, the desk clerks, and food service personell were outstanding.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Arturo4
Thank you so much for your review. We love our little nook here in Springfield and are happy you did too. It is quieter, yet easy access to everything. I will share your comments with our staff. We pride ourselves in excellence and are grateful for your feedback. Happy Traveling, Shelley Copeland, GM
Virginia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We arrived after leaving Fort Leonard Wood around 7pm, our flight was leaving at 6am. Lyndsei and another stay let us see a suite and we were impressed. We booked and got a listing of local restaurants and we all were able to relax before our flight. This is our first stay at Courtyard and it was the best decision we could have made. The only issue we had was our TV remote in the living did not work after 2 remotes, the guy said I have to run to the airport to pickup someone and he never returned, I called the front desk about 11pm and was told that that was a maintenance issue and it would be at 8am the next morning, and that I just needed to manually change the channels. That's not what I had expected to hear, but that's what they gave me. I think next time they should choose what they say, but the room was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Latarsha
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback. I will be sure and share your comments with the staff and recognize Lyndsi for her excellent service. I wish we had been better to communicate and resolve your TV problems during your stay. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM.