“Great nights rest”

Courtyard Springfield Airport
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We arrived after leaving Fort Leonard Wood around 7pm, our flight was leaving at 6am. Lyndsei and another stay let us see a suite and we were impressed. We booked and got a listing of local restaurants and we all were able to relax before our flight. This is our first stay at Courtyard and it was the best decision we could have made. The only issue we had was our TV remote in the living did not work after 2 remotes, the guy said I have to run to the airport to pickup someone and he never returned, I called the front desk about 11pm and was told that that was a maintenance issue and it would be at 8am the next morning, and that I just needed to manually change the channels. That's not what I had expected to hear, but that's what they gave me. I think next time they should choose what they say, but the room was wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Latarsha
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback. I will be sure and share your comments with the staff and recognize Lyndsi for her excellent service. I wish we had been better to communicate and resolve your TV problems during your stay. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Hotel overall has been kept in excellent condition but the level of service (with exception of the front desk) is lacking. Our room had not been cleaned properly.... dirty wash cloth in the shower, dirty rag on the sink, bed linens had not been changed, etc. I brought it to the front desk's attention and they apologized, which I found sincere but lacking. I think the hotel was full and she didn't know what to do. The breakfast folks were slow and couldn't get a order right but they were extremely nice so this was not a big deal. I filled out the hotel's survey and was contacted via email by the hotel. He put 2000 points on my Marriott account to "make up" for the issues. Frankly, I wish he would have just apologized and stated the hotel has higher expectation. I don't feel the person who contacted me (who sets the hotel expectations) truly gets customer service. My family stayed, and paid, to stay in a hotel room that HAD NOT been cleaned. Unacceptable and this man's response is here is 2000 points now go away. TO BE CLEAR - we were part of a group with about 10 rooms and no one else experienced any real issues. Disappointed mostly with the hotel spokesman's failed attempt to resolve the issue. Good points - nice lobby area, clean pool, and a nice sitting area outside with a fire pit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank geauxtomountains2
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

I apologize that your room was not completed when you checked in. I hope that the Evening Housekeeper was able to correct this error. We have a very high standard of cleanliness at our hotel and rank high in this area by our Guests. I regret that you did not experience this. Our staff is driven for a level of Excellence in Service for our Guests. I am confident that this is an anomolie in the level of Service our Guests experience. I am pleased that the rest of your group enjoyed their stay and you were able to enjoy some of the amenities.

I am also sorry that the offer of points in the original apology correspondence seemed dismissive. I would be happy to speak to you more regarding your experience.

Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Perfectly acceptable Motel just off the Interstate, and handy for the Airport.
Clean, efficient and pleasant. No catering onsite, but several restaurants and eateries a few minutes drive away.
My only negative comment is that I had to make several international phone calls, for which they charged me maximum inflated rates, and then some. I can see that a business should make a reasonable margin on all its transactions. But in this case they were gauging the phone calls big-time. Regrettable, otherwise I would give this franchise a good mark.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank captainedit
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay (outside of the international phone charges). We really appreciate your business and are happy to hear your positive remarks. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Best stay in a hotel i have ever had. everything and everyone were so nice and had great room,awesome breakfast,lovely pool and hot tub and the outdoor fire pit was unbeliveable. My sister and i stayed for our birthdays and couldnt have asked for a better place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jeani Marie P

I am so happy that you had wonderful Birthdays. Thank you for letting us be a part of your special getaway. We really appreciate your review. Please come back and stay again! Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Excellent in all respects. We thought the hotel was brand new but it was recently remodeled. We stay in a lot of Courtyards and this was the best.

Great customer service, clean modern rooms, and very quiet.

Only negative is that I went down at 6 am and the exercise room was closed because they were installing new equipment. That's ok, I did a crossword puzzle instead :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank uffdahhh
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your review! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and our newly refreshed hotel. I apologize that the fitness center equipment replacement interfered with your routine. I hope that you will stay again and get to use our new state-of-the-art equipment. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I travel for a living and this is probably the nicest Courtyard I've spent the night in. Extremely clean and more luxurious like a higher-end Marriott. Ana and team at the front desk were great to work with.

I recommend staying over other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Jon R
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I have shared this with Ana and the entire staff. We like to think we are the best Courtyard in the US too! We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed here recently when in Springfield. The location was convenient to I-44. It was clean and newly renovated. My bed was very comfortable. There were plenty of plugs for electronics. I heard a little airplane noise in the evening, but none during the night. We ate breakfast in the bistro which had healthy choices, as well as Starbuck's coffee. All of the staff that I met were friendly and helpful. I have stayed at many Courtyards over the years and this was among the nicest. I will definitely stay here again if I'm in Springfield.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank jmotley123
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

I am happy you had a enjoyable experience at our Courtyard. Thank you for reviewing us. I hope that you will stay again soon. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager