“This was just fine”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Burnsville, Minnesota
“This was just fine”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were not there very long. Checked in at 7PM and were gone by 8AM the following morning. The person who checked us in was very pleasant, and was very helpful in providing information about local eateries. The room was a bit larger than most Courtyard rooms in which we've stayed. It was clean and the room air conditioner/heater/fan unit was about as quiet as any we've experienced. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DJDAMD
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I appreciate your comments. We have the best Associates! I am happy you enjoyed your stay & look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Washington, Missouri
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed with a wedding party in October. Their remodeling is almost completed. The public areas and small pool look fine/clean/well maintained. The rooms were spacious. The front desk was efficient and polite. The location is convenient to highway access. The lobby/food area is small, but functional. There is a small bar with tables/stools in the lobby area. This is a small facility, but accommodating. I would stay here again. The beds are fine. I was not bothered by any noise from outside. The wall heating/cooling unit was not disturbing. However, there must have been an elephant in the room over my head, as the footsteps were annoying! The only thing keeping me from giving them a higher rating, was the absence of refrigerators in the rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank sj2013_13
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. Great news, we are adding microwaves and refrigerators to our rooms now. All of rooms will be complete the beginning of 2014. I am hoping this will help accommodate many of our guests like yourself that can really use these additional items. Please come visit again! Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Drury, Missouri
Reviewed October 28, 2013

When we got to the hotel and paid for the room, I asked for a wake up call at 4am. The desk guy wrote it down on a sticki note and pressed it on the edge of the counter this was around 5pm. Later that evening my husband calls down and tells them to make it for 3:30am. No problem they said! Thank the good Lord above as a precaution I set the IPhone. We DID NOT receive a wake up call at 3:45 nor at 4:00. This could have cost a job. Not everyone has a cell phone or computer they travel with so BEWARE!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank mellyellie
Oh no! We do offer wake-up calls that are normally effective. This is very important to us, especially at an Airport location where early risers are common. If this is a concern of a potential guest, we also provide alarm clocks in all of our rooms. I had a note from the Front Desk asking for a phone line repair that caused a failed wake-up call. I apologized that this happened and has caused you to not enjoy your stay. I am so happy that you set a back-up alarm and hope everything worked out with your job. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We live 2 hours from the airport so we usually stay here the night before if we have an early morning flight. The beds have always been comfortable. The park and fly option is a plus since we save not having to pay for airport parking.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dody N
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. Our park and fly option is not widely known. I am happy it works well for you. We look forward to your next stay. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I went to springfield for bussines and I was told this was a nice place. Actually it is because it is near by the airport, they have transportation included and it help me alot because springfield is a town with NO TAXI CAPS!!!! just if you give them a call whereever you are thay pick you up OMG.. if you need to be near by downtown is better to choose another option!

I also like my room, It was comfortable and the internet was great, It is a perfect place for bussines.
for food they have a starbucks in the property wich is PERFECT!!!
the people at the frontdesk very friendly and always help me when I need something.

I do like this place!

Room Tip: I have a room just facing the entrance in the 2nd floor and was so quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank kioma
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am so happy to hear great remarks about our hotel and staff. I will be sharing this in our morning meeting. Our staff is very proud of our hotel and loves hearing great reviews. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was travelling to Springfield, MO on business and stayed at the Courtyard near the Airport. It is located about 5 miles from the University (where I was working for the weekend). The drive to the University is easy and traffic is manageable.

Upon arrival, there was an issue my reservation which was resolved after some degree of insistence. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly, but had some difficulty in resolving the problem. I verified the following Monday that there were problems with the reservation and that they were resolved.

The pros: The bed was comfortable and internet connectivity was good, the bathroom clean and staff friendly.

The cons - and these were big for me during this trip: The desk/char setup made it impossibly uncomfortable for me to get any work done at night and that made for a very grumpy business traveler. The chair sat far to low for the desk height so your knees were in your chest and you were reaching up and forward to get to your laptop keyboard. I could work for about 15-20 minutes at a stretch before I had to get up and move around. After about 2 iterations of this exercise, I gave up. Management stated that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

The other "con" is a statement about a Marriott branding decision: Generally speaking I am NOT happy with the new Courtyard branding regarding the "Bistro" etc. The food is marginal at best and the bar is not well stocked well and everything is very pricey for what you're getting. They have removed free hot breakfast for business travelers (usually available at the Fairfield brand) but do not have a Concierge Lounge (available in full-service Marriott hotels) where premium members can get a bite to eat in the morning. And the coffee is terrible. Generally speaking, there are no benefits at the Courtyard brand for premium members OR the overnight traveler. The Courtyard brand is trying to be something they are not.

I recognize the branding issue is not fixable by the hotel staff, but the inability to get work done at night warrants the poor rating for this stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Harry E
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I wish you would have had a better experience during your recent stay with us. I am not aware of any problems with the work stations. I would really like to hear more if you had an opportunity to call me. I would specifically like to know if you were in a newly remodeled room with a black mesh-back chair. These are new and we would really need to address this problem before we installed any more. Thank you for your comments about the work area and the Bistro. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you, Shelley Copeland, GM
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I was shocked to have a room on the 3rd floor which smelled like glue and paint due to the renovation of the 3rd floors carpet down the hall from me when I arrived. The room was clean and tidy when I arrived so I was ok with it. The following morning at 7am there was scrapping, loud music, and loud banging from replacing the carpet outside of my door. Whatever you do if your staying there this week ask what floor the carpet is being re-done on and request a different floor. You will be able to sleep past 7am without having a wake up call due to construction.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Tpb1234
Oh my goodness, we are so sorry about the noise at 7am. We are replacing our carpet and vinyl, but have an agreement with the contractor that and noise must be restricted to certain hours. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we may address this with the contractors. We are very excited for this upgrade to be completed. Luckily, you are only the 3rd guest in 10 weeks to mention any inconvenience with the redecorating. I understand how frustrating it can be to awakened by noises. I hope you will try us again once everything is complete. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland