“Asthmatics Beware!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Louisville, Kentucky
“Asthmatics Beware!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The good thing about the Courtyard brand is that the staff is attentive and quick to jump on a problem. Nowhere was that more evident than my stay at the Springfield Courtyard.

After checking in I took two steps inside my room then turned around and walked back out. The fragrance/air freshener was so overpowering I knew if I had stayed in that room very long I would have been in the emergency room with an asthma attack. The staff let me check out two other rooms before we found one that hadn't been fumigated. They even went above and beyond by offering me a complimentary beverage for my trouble.

The room was up to Courtyard's usual expectations. No other issues were encountered with the stay.

The staff alone is worth staying here. And I will make certain I notify the next Courtyard in my reservations to not use the air freshener.

Room Tip: I would STRONGLY recommend that anyone who has respiratory issues and/or allergies to fragrances cal...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Got2GoAllTheTime
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I am so happy to hear our staff took care of your needs and their service was commendable. Also, thank you for offering this travel tip. We really take seriously any needs our Guests have with sensitivities and allergies to any products we use. We will be happy to make the best effort to prepare your room allergy free or "green" we like to call it when we eliminate the fragrances. We can also be sure to eliminate any feather pillows or any other product any our Guests wish. Thank you so much for your review. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
outside Watkins Glen, NY
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed here several times after visiting family in northern Arkansas. I usually take the O-dark-thirty flight out of SGF and the facility is ideally located. The hotel is bright, clean, modern and well maintained. The rooms are well appointed. Food is the Bistro is good and there is no problem with taking it to your room if you want. Shuttle service has always been provided with a smile. Don't forget to ask about discounts when checking in. If you book through Marriott or directly with them, the savings can be significant. (earlier review had a mis-rating. Sorry for the mix up.)

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel and ask about discounts
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank SunsetonSeneca
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Oh Great! I was hoping that was an error. You are so considerate resubmitting your review. Thank You! Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Everything was great. The room was clean and comfortable room. The staff were friendly and professional. I even received a call from the front desk after I was in the room to make sure everything was OK. I also received a pleasant surprise that I had been chosen for an upgrade. It was much appreciated. I was only there for one night to catch an early flight out of Springfield. Courteous and helpful shuttle drivers to and from the airport. I will stay again when traveling necessitates an early departure. They also offer free parking while one is gone, if less than 2 weeks. Enjoyable short stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Yoyomom33
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel. The staff will be so pleased, they have been working very hard to achieve top of the line service for all of our Guests. I will be sure and share your comments. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Rockaway Beach, Missouri
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here due to surgery he had. Previously had problems so decided to stay close by hospital if we needed to go to the ER again after surgery. The hotel was very helpful except when I called and asked if they had a wheelchair I would be able to move my husband from vehicle to room she told me they had one, but was unable to locate it for us to use. I had to call several places before locating one place that would let us borrow it overnight and return it prior to leaving town for home the next day. The Bistro was helpful but I told them I needed a sandwich one way and they made it wrong anyway. The prices were very high and to be wrong was upsetting. They need to listen to customers. Bed were comfortable and wished I wasn't there due to surgery issues. The staff was pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jenn194
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I have already shared your comments with the Food & Beverage supervisor. I would like to apologize your sandwich was not made the way you wanted it. I hope they were able to fix this for you. We like to keep the wheelchair available for our Guests. I apologize if someone else was using it at the time you needed it. I wish that we could have been more helpful in finding an alternative for you. I will share your comments with the entire staff. We really appreciate your feedback. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed August 31, 2013

second time there...great value...the hotel staff very friendly and helpful...Rooms were very comfortable...the food at the Bristo was very good...beds were comfortable...excellent location close to airport and to Expedia's Call Center.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Jc_Salmon23
I am so happy you had a great stay. I hope you were able to take advantage of our Shuttle to and from the Expedia Call Center. Please stay again if you visit Springfield. Thank you for your review! Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed August 29, 2013

First of all I have to say that I reviewed this hotel on my last visit in May 2013. All of the positives I expressed in the staff, property and pet friendly experience are all still true. Please go back and read that review as the staff and property is fantastic and I offer tips about your stay.

I wanted to write a second review because in my first review I was completely disappointed by the Bistro in the hotel and would have not recommended you eat there. Talk about a total 180!!!

This Bistro experience was night and day. I was so leery of going back to the bistro after my last experience but let me tell you how happy I was with the decision to give them another shot.

Everything was an improvement and was great. We ordered the hummus again and this time not only was the hummus full of flavor but the veggies AND the flatbread were crisp and delicious. This time I ordered the tomato and mozzarella flatbread. It was tasty. I would recommend ordering it extra crispy or well done because the outsides were crisp and delicious and in the inside slices need just a bit more time. The citrus spinach and quinoa salad without the chicken was fantastic. I recommend ordering the dressing on the side to make sure you get the amount you want. This time I ordered this to go so I could eat in my room. You have to call the front desk to order then the Bistro calls you when it is ready for pick up which I found incredibly convenient. Kudos to the staff at the Bistro counter (two young friendly ladies) who were very busy with lots of orders being placed, but they had time to be extremely pleasant, helpful and knowledgable. Again. Totally different experience. Definitely recommend you get settled in and stay in with an order with the Bistro.

Please read my other review for tips on which room to stay in and great information about the fantastic staff and property but make sure you get that extra time at the hotel to enjoy the bistro. Bravo to the Springfield Courtyard for making such great improvements.

If you found this review helpful please give me your helpful vote. Happy travels.

Room Tip: Definitely choose room 330 or one of the two rooms to the left of that room as it has a nice balcony...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Sofia R
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
What a great review. I love to hear when our Guest's are happy. I am pleased you gave the Bistro another chance. The menu changes frequently and always has fresh healthy options. I hope you get to come back and see us. I will certainly share your comments with the entire staff. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
San Diego
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for the night at this Courtyard on a drive from Dallas to Saint Louis. The hotel is very convenient to the highway but quit a distance from any real dinning options. Hotel staff was vey friendly. Rooms were very comfortable. Breakfast at the hotel in the morning was very good. Beds were comfortable and parking was very easy and close.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Globalexpress
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Many guests need to stop off while traveling I-44 and will find your review helpful. We definitely do not have any shortage of parking! Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM