“Improvements in the Bistro makes this an A++++ stay”

Courtyard Springfield Airport
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Improvements in the Bistro makes this an A++++ stay”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

First of all I have to say that I reviewed this hotel on my last visit in May 2013. All of the positives I expressed in the staff, property and pet friendly experience are all still true. Please go back and read that review as the staff and property is fantastic and I offer tips about your stay.

I wanted to write a second review because in my first review I was completely disappointed by the Bistro in the hotel and would have not recommended you eat there. Talk about a total 180!!!

This Bistro experience was night and day. I was so leery of going back to the bistro after my last experience but let me tell you how happy I was with the decision to give them another shot.

Everything was an improvement and was great. We ordered the hummus again and this time not only was the hummus full of flavor but the veggies AND the flatbread were crisp and delicious. This time I ordered the tomato and mozzarella flatbread. It was tasty. I would recommend ordering it extra crispy or well done because the outsides were crisp and delicious and in the inside slices need just a bit more time. The citrus spinach and quinoa salad without the chicken was fantastic. I recommend ordering the dressing on the side to make sure you get the amount you want. This time I ordered this to go so I could eat in my room. You have to call the front desk to order then the Bistro calls you when it is ready for pick up which I found incredibly convenient. Kudos to the staff at the Bistro counter (two young friendly ladies) who were very busy with lots of orders being placed, but they had time to be extremely pleasant, helpful and knowledgable. Again. Totally different experience. Definitely recommend you get settled in and stay in with an order with the Bistro.

Please read my other review for tips on which room to stay in and great information about the fantastic staff and property but make sure you get that extra time at the hotel to enjoy the bistro. Bravo to the Springfield Courtyard for making such great improvements.

If you found this review helpful please give me your helpful vote. Happy travels.

Room Tip: Definitely choose room 330 or one of the two rooms to the left of that room as it has a nice balcony...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Sofia R
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
What a great review. I love to hear when our Guest's are happy. I am pleased you gave the Bistro another chance. The menu changes frequently and always has fresh healthy options. I hope you get to come back and see us. I will certainly share your comments with the entire staff. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
San Diego
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for the night at this Courtyard on a drive from Dallas to Saint Louis. The hotel is very convenient to the highway but quit a distance from any real dinning options. Hotel staff was vey friendly. Rooms were very comfortable. Breakfast at the hotel in the morning was very good. Beds were comfortable and parking was very easy and close.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Globalexpress
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Many guests need to stop off while traveling I-44 and will find your review helpful. We definitely do not have any shortage of parking! Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This Courtyard is an exception value and the location is so convenient. It is just a hop off the Interstate 44 yet only 10 minutes to Bass Pro Shop and all of the other attractions. By using the West By-Pass to connect to the James River Expressway, you can skip around the traffic and get almost anywhere in Springfield in very little time. The hotel was updated just a few years ago so the rooms are very clean and nicely decorated. One downer is there is no pool but that meant fewer children running the halls.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room on the main floor that opens to the courtyard so you can enjoy the view and o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rebelmom56
Thank you for your review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay. I have found you really can avoid much of the traffic in Springfield using the West Bypass and James River Expressway. We have a lot more exciting updates coming soon to our Courtyard. I hope you will visit again. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Helena, Mt
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed one night after dropping son off at college. Very satisfied with my stay. Hotel is pretty much out by itself, with one other hotel nearby. If you want to be near a lot of fast food, restaurants and shopping, this isn't the hotel for you, unless you don't mind driving several miles. Access to the freeway is quick and easy. My primary reason for staying here was the free shuttle to the airport, which isn't available at other hotels in Springfield; shuttle service was upon request. Staff was very friendly and the hotel public areas and room was very clean and well-maintained. There was a nice, large interior courtyard which also included a fire area surrounded by chairs (it was busy until late at night). Only three small complaints: 1) the two free lobby computers had slow internet and would lock up at times; 2) they didn't have the usual free Courtyard coffee in the morning; if you wanted any, you had to purchase it and 3) the air conditioner was fairly noisy and woke me up numerous times (I am a very light sleeper). All in all, I really liked the hotel and the value, and will try to stay here again on my trip in the spring.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ClarkCreek
Thank you very much for the review. We pride ourselves on a very clean and secure environment. We have started a limited complimentary coffee station in the lobby for those guests that simply do not have the time to wait in line and order Starbucks. We really do appreciate your feed back and this gives us opportunity to improve when you return. We look forward to your next stay. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place is great and what you would expect from any other Courtyard by Marriott. The only complaint is that it iis a little bit of a hike to any decent dining options. Fe at the bar is the best. It is a bit of a drive but check out Touch for dinner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank ccw007
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I am so pleased you had an excellent experience with our hotel. I will be sure that Fe gets a copy of your comments and a STAR. Please stay again when you are in the area. We will have an entire list of local restaurants you can try. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We arrived late night and they had some small issues with our reservation due to the change of date. However that was quickly resolved and we were given our requested adjoining rooms. They were clean and cute (not boutique but cute). We slept well and checked out with ease.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Brian F
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I am happy our Guest Service Representative were able to provide great service and get you into the rooms you needed. I hope you will visit again!
Manchester, Missouri
Reviewed July 29, 2013

IF we're back in the Springfield area in the near future, this is THE PLACE our family stay AGAIN! Marriott, IMHO, is the best chain of Hotels in the USA. LOVED "The Bistro" in the hotel: offered a great Breakfast & Dinner each night! The staff was AWESOME (especially Amy & Anna) & everything they recommended us to do in the area was great as well. Kudos to the whole experience we had over this past weekend!

Room Tip: Everything there is GREAT: loved EVERYTHING about this hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank GregG4774
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. We have given Anna & Amy S.T.A.R.s (Super Talented Associate Recognition). We have shared your comments with the entire staff. I do hope you will visit again. Thank you! Shelley Copeland, GM