“Great Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Service”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

From the time my wife and I arrived the staff was more then welcome to assist us. When we checked in we requested a refrigerator for the room so we would have someplace to store the milk for my 5 month old son. Thye happly found one for use. On the day we were to check out they allowed us to stay in the room until 2pm (late check out was at noon) so that my son could nap in peace while i was helping prepare for a wedding. Then they watched him while my wife loaded the last couple of items into the car (he sat at the front desk with them). They were amazingly helpful and i will gladly stay there agian.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank james27_13
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I am so happy we were able to help you and your wife during your stay. It is not always easy traveling with children. Thank you so much for completing a review on our hotel. We hope to see you again! Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Brittany, the front desk staff went out of her way to help me with local directions. She could have referred me to the computer around the desk but she helped make my trip more efficient by suggesting a trip order and then printing out the directions for me (I didn't have my glasses with me. She was a 9 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being perfect. I can't say so much for the lack of free coffee; really? Does it save the hotel that much. I have lowered my preference for Marriott because of this. I stay out on the road and that was a morning perk I enjoyed. Guess I will look at other brands now. $2.00 for a morning cup of wake up average coffee may cost Marriott my future business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Kent D
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Mr. Kent D: Thank you for your review of our hotel. I will definintely share your comments with Brittany. She will be tickled when she gets a S.T.A.R. from us! I apologized you were disappointed with new Courtyard coffee policy. They found that our complimentary coffee was a conflict of interest with the Starbucks and are requiring all Courtyards pull the complimentary coffee from the lobby. However, we have tried to compensate with having additional complimentary in-room coffee available. I wish that you would have enjoyed our hotel more. Thank you again for your kind words regarding our Associate Brittany. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM.
Flomaton, Al
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My family stayed here during a recent NSRA Car Show in Springfield and were very disappointed. I travel with my business and try to always stay at a Courtyard Marriot. 99% of the properties I stay at are awesome. Not this one, it reeked! First, the staff was rude, the rooms were extremely small and cramped compared to other Courtyards. The Bistro is horrible-$2.15 for a cup of horrible Starbucks coffee-Really??? Most of the other Courtyards provide free fresh coffee near the business center. The lady beind the counter at the Bistro was also rude and not very well spoken.... My daughter accidentally rented a movie trying to figure out the remote. We immediatly turned the channel for her. When I approched the front desk to have it removed from bill, they refused saying it ran for seven minutes..really my daughter spent that time trying to figure out what she had done before she asked for help. Anyway I told the clerk forget it and walked off!!! The next morning I went to run on the treadmill, several employees and customers walked by and looked at me, I later found out that the fire alarm had went off and everyone gathered out front; yet the alarm never sounded in the gym and the staff never bothered to alert me!!! Thank God it wasn't areal fire!!! I notified the front desk that the alarm didn't sound, they acted like they could have cared less. Lastly, I was in the restroom in our room when I noticed a tick crawling on the floor...later that day my Dad and my Daughter found ticks on them soon after getting the car to leave. On the way home I discovered one in my head!!! Stay clear of this place if at all possible!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank JD D
Wow, I wish you would have had a more enjoyable stay. I would like to address each of your concerns. I am familiar with the weekend of the car show. I will be discussing with the desk staff that worked that weekend the problems that you had. The fire alarm was actually only a sensor that had become wet and was zoned to that specific area. It did not sound throughout the hotel. We were aware this was a false alarm and could have better explained to you that it would not effect our guest areas. We have our alarms tested regularly and have an unannounced drill quarterly at a minimum. I wish I knew your room number so that I could review the problem you had with ticks. We use a national pest control service that guarantees against pests in our rooms. Missouri does have many ticks this year, maybe just a lack of a winter freeze. However, this is the first I have heard of any inside the hotel. Regarding the complimentary coffee... I understand this is frustrating. Courtyard required all of its hotels to discontinue the complimentary lobby coffee because of a conflict of interest with the Starbucks program. We have been trying to compensate with additional coffee for the in-room brewers. Please feel free to call directly with any additional concerns or comments. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

In mapping out a cross country trip with two senior dogs, I found the Courtyard Springfield to be pet friendly. I stay in Marriott properties a few times a month on business. In addition I own two Marriott vacation properties and hold a Marriott Visa. I state that so you are aware of my experience with Marriott properties. Upon check in on May 26, 2013 at the Courtyard, I was greeted by Amy who told me although she is new and still learning the property she set aside two rooms for me close together on the third floor. In addition to my dogs I had my 80 year old dad too and wanted him close by. I held the key to room 333 and dad was in 331. Unfortunately the guest before me must have been a smoker and the room reeked of smoke. I let Amy know as I didn't want to be charged anything additional for a room that smelled like smoke on arrival. Instead, Amy searched for a room that would still be close to dad and let us move. I highly recommend room 330 as it had a balcony overlooking a pretty courtyard and it was very clean. No microwave nor mini fridge. You are really paying extra for a loveseat size sofabed. Although you can hear the highway with the door open it was a great thing to have for me and the dogs. The courtyard below had a fire pit and ample seating. Wonderful area to relax after a long day of driving. I had a nice workout in the gym on property which had two treadmills and one elliptical all equipped with their own TVs. There was also a large tv with remote. There are free weights and a bench but no mats or exercise balls. They have ample towels and a water dispenser with small Dixie size cups. I recommend bringing a water bottle. There was nothing to sanitize machines after use. The elliptical was the most difficult I had ever been on. It was older and man what a workout. The one negative I have to report is the complete disappointment in the Bistro in the hotel and especially the service. After having grabbed a coffee and some guacamole for my dad before my workout with slow service, I came back for dinner since I didn't want to leave the property. The Bistros as a whole are fairly new inside the Courtyards and my disappointment has not been exclusive to one hotel. They all struggle with food quality. In addition, I am a vegetarian and there are few options outside of snacks like dips (guacamole and hummus) to choose from. You can ask for things to be left off but that's a whole different challenge i have faced that I won't cover in this review. Most food seems prepped ahead and reheated. Upon returning to the Bistro, the younger brunette female working (they don't wear name tags in the bistro) was on her phone texting sitting on the counter next to the toasting machine while I stood there and waited for her. Once she wrapped up her conversation on her phone she greeted me to ask what I would like. I ordered the hummus with the pesto and the guacamole and the Asian salad with no chicken. She placed the order but said they were out of the red pepper topping for the hummus. I said that was fine and asked again if the pesto was still available. She said yes so I said to leave the order as is. When she brought the hummus out it did not have the pesto, the carrots were past their prime and the "toasted" flatbread was soggy. I asked about the pesto and she said oh yea, I thought we had it but he (the man prepping the food I assumed) said it was bad. I said okay, can you take it off my bill? she said yea, its only 95 cents. I was not impressed with that. Who cares what the price is you shouldn't pay for something you don't have. I have had the hummus plate at other bistros so I know what to expect. The bread was like it was stale or soggy before it was toasted. I took it back to the counter and the tall bearded cook informed me that the flatbread was supposed to be that way. I let him know that I was not interested in eating it regardless. But again another interesting response from a Marriott employee. With all of the franchises now privately owned it can be tougher these days to experience the Marriott way if staff isn't trained properly. These bistro folks clearly were texting or daydreaming during customer service training. My salad also came without the dressing so I had to request that as well. So you know, my dad ordered wings and they were dry but he said they were fine. Please do not let the Bistro food or customer service poor quality keep you from staying at this property. The front desk and housekeeping staff were fantastic and this is a great property for people and especially dogs. Just plan your meals off property. If this review was helpful please give me your helpful vote.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Sofia R
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding our Courtyard. We are pleased that you enjoyed most of your stay. I will share these comments with our Front Office and Housekeeping Staff. We also appreciate that you gave us some constructive criticism regarding your Bistro service. This is definitely not up to our standards and gives us opportunity to coach and counsel our staff to meet expectations. I hope you will have the oppotunity to stay with us again. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.
Livermore, California
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. The staff was wonderful and the bistro/bar is a great place to hang out in the evening! We just wished that they offered breakfast too. We were starving when we woke up, but the bistro was closed so we had to drive to a restaurant to eat. The room was basic, but clean. The linens on the bed were terrible - just a thin blanket and thin coverlet that smelled like bleach. My husband blasts the A/C wherever we stay, so I froze the first night because they had no extra blankets. We were in a hurry to get to a graduation on our last day and accidentally left my husband's necklace and a shirt of mine in the room. They found the necklace and returned it to us, but we were told they could not locate the shirt. That seemed very strange to us -- if they had the necklace, why not the shirt too? It was a favorite shirt, and after many calls (none were returned!), we never really got an answer. Don't leave anything behind at this hotel or you risk never seeing it again (highly unprofessional!).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank HouseFamilyTravel
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our Hotel. I will share your feedback with all of our Associates. I am pleased that you enjoyed our staff and the Bistro. However, I apologize your call was not returned per our service standards. Our standard is to return all calls regarding Lost and Found with in 48 hours, however generally call the same day. I can assure you that as the Hotel Manager, I have not gotten calls regarding lost items that have not been logged and/or returned to our Guests. I will be following up on your call to determine what happened. Feel free to call me directly with your information. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.
Rolla, Missouri
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

In Springfield for two days of meetings. The hotel is very close to the airport and has easy accesability from city streets and the highway. You are on the "outskirts" of Springfield and that appeals to me. The rooms are standard and clean. There is free wifi in the guest rooms. We are Marriott platinum members; there is a lot of property expirence with Marriott for this traveler. This is a nice professional property. The Bistro in the lobby is handy.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Charmed1994
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to use many of the services we provide at our hotel. Courtyard by Marriott has put a lot of research in providing services and locations that ease the Business Traveler's stay. I appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and hope that you will visit us again. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great hotel, wonderful Staff. I was surprised by great welcome. A welcome addition to the Courtyards is the BISTRO. I have to admit, I had the Hamburger three times this week. I was great. The wonderful ladies at the hotel: Anna, Hana, Brie, Amy, Fe and Chelsey... Thank you for making me feel at home. Also a shout out to a person, who I thought was my personal CHEF... SAM! You rock! When I come back, I will be staying with you all!

Keep up the hard work and keep smiling....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank BradlyD
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our Associates take great pride in providing excellent service to each Guest. I will make sure and give a round of "Red Hots" to each of the Associates you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you! Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM