“Excellent hotel”

Courtyard Springfield Airport
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is my first choice hotel when flying into Springfield, Missouri, and at least my 11th stay here. I travel for mixed business and personal reasons and a big plus is that the hotel airport shuttle runs 24 hours; thus I don't worry about what time my flight actually lands. Airport shuttle service is dependable and quick. The small restaurant is perfect to grab a bite to eat for breakfast or dinner, the atmosphere is welcoming and the lounge is comfortable place to relax and chat over drinks. Beds are comfy, rooms nice sized, great housekeeping staff and friendly staff. You just can't beat this Marriott!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank TaylorRose
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Wow, Thank You for your repeat business! We just started the 24 hour shuttle in the last year or so, and were hopeful that it would benefit some of our guests. We appreciate your commendable review and look forward to your next stay. I will definitely share your comments with all our staff. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed just one night passing through and it is a completely renovated Courtyard Marriott and quite nice. The differences, however, are that they no longer have a free breakfast included and it is all Bistro style. That means paying up to $8 for a breakfast sandwhich and for coffee. It may be the area but it was also a bit more expensive than other Courtyards we have stayed at, espeically if you take into account then purshasing 4 breakfasts. Also, the little marketplace does not have the single serving wine so if you would like a glass of wine late at night then you have to purchase a whole bottle (the one I looked at was over $30). This really means it is less about casual travel and more for business travel. Just a little disappointed the friendly and professional woman that checked us in late the other night did not realize that there was no handicapped access from the rear parking lot where she directed us to park nearer our room and that the other end had a ramp but it was more dangerous since it was not even close to up to code and allowwed only 2' of level area at the top to traverse with a wheelchair. Overall, though, it was very nice and clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank FrequentFlyer_1987
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

We are very excited about the new refreshing look of Courtyard. We are continuously making improvements and will even be showcasing some new looks this fall. You are correct the the Courtyard is designed by Business Travelers for Business Travelers. However, we have tried to accommodate our Leisure Guests by creating breakfast packages as well. I am happy you mentioned the accessibilty concerns that you have. I will make sure and have our staff re-trained that the one entrance does not have the wheelchair access. I will also be looking at the height difference that you noted in your review. We really do appreciate your feedback. Thank you very much for your review. Sincereley, Shelley Copeland, GM

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Business traveler, was here for an evening. Recognized as Elite upon check-in. Asked for high floor and away from the elevator. They were able to get me just the high floor. The staff was Very friendly and helpful. Definitely marking this as a high note for the management!

Room was typical Courtyard quality, and I say that in a good way. No issues with the room other then the drain in the tub was very slow. Sleep quality was very good. The 'through the wall AC was a little noisy during operation.

The gym was great, but very warm. Fortunately there was a door to the patio there and was able to cool off the room quickly. Most hotels don't have a way to separately cool this room, so a + to the hotel for that.

Breakfast was very good, but I thought that it was a little pricy at $13.00. I was able to Priceline the room, so I guess that the breakfast makes up for that.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The north side of the hotel is next to the interstate, so I recommend the south side hotel rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank HI-Gold-Member
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you so much for the throrough review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Also, thank you for the feedback on your HVAC unit and drain so that we can see if these items can be improved. We value all of Guests and love that you are loyal to Marriott. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM

Reviewed March 14, 2013

No major frills or complaints. Hotel was clean and did the job. Nice shuttle service to the airport. Walls between the rooms seemed a little thin as I heard a snorer on one side and a couple having "fun" next to me. Overall no complaints!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank IV_BOYS
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I am happy you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves with a very clean hotel for our Guests. I hope you will stay again if you are in the area. Call ahead and we might be able to arrange for an extra quiet room. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this property Tuesday March 12, 2013. I needed a location in Springfield to hold job interviews. The Missouri Board room was perfect and Katie was a joy to work with! She went out of her way to accommodate my changing needs and schedule!

The room was clean and modern and the shared spaces (lobby, sitting area and outside fire pit) were all great.

The only negative is that there are no restaurants within walking distance. However, Courtyard remedied this issue themselves. The food at The Bistro (onsite cafe) was fresh and tasty. I had supper and breakfast and both were quite good.

This is a great property for business or leisure travel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank cliffo61

Thank you for your review. We will give Katie a "Red Hot" for her excellent service to you. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hope your interviews were a success. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Reservation made using Marriott rewards points. Very courteous and helpful staff. Spacious entry and lobby area. Room was very comfortable and quiet. First time staying at a Courtyard. This location has a bistro for meals and the prices seemed a bit on the high side, especially the Starbucks coffee. Higher than their normal high prices. This was the only disappointment with this location. If this is the format at other Courtyards, we will probably stay at other Marriott facilities where at least breakfast comes with the room price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ghostrider46

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you enjoyed the quality of the Bistro food and drinks, and found it worth their cost. Many of the Marriott brands do offer the complimentary continental or buffet breakfast. However, The new Courtyard Bistro concept was designed by Guests to create healthy and fresh options for our travelers. I will share your comments with our staff. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a great hotel that has been updated with a nice modern lobby. The lobby has lots of pleasant, modern sitting areas with a two story lobby. The hallways are bright and attractive. The rooms seem a little small. The staff went out of their way to help me, and this made my stay pleasant. The hotel is convenient to the airport, but seems a bit far from many restaurants. Fortunately, traffic is not bad in the area so it does no take long to reach places. The wi-fi is fast, but I wished there would have been a business center with a door for privacy and quiet. Houskeeping does a nice job keeping the rooms and common areas clean. I didn't use the pool (was a pretty small), and there is also a hot tub. I did put my hand in the water though, and the water was warm.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank IndyOne
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

I am pleaseed that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on quality, cleanliness, and training a helpful and knowledgeable team. Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel for future Courtyard Guests. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager