“Decent stay !”

Courtyard Springfield Airport
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Ok, we have standardized on Hamptons so we are comparing to that. Nice hotel, cool lobby, they have a lounge onsite where you can get a drink & bite to eat. I like an included breakfast but it doesn`t have that. Bed was almost as good as a Hampton bed. Our room did have a rusty fan shroud in the ceiling of our bathroom. The fan worked though, which is rare in a hotel. Good selection of H D channels. Used the hot tub and gym, both good. Staff good, but not as frieldly as Hampton. No fridge in room - was expecting a fridge at this level of hotel. Would recommend but for the same $$ the Hampton offers more. This hotel is close to the interstate.

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank canuktrekker
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback. Please stayed tuned into Courtyard by Marriott. by 3rd quarter of 2013 we will have a new in-room look, new beds, and refrigerators. I hope you will visit us again if you are in the area. Thank you again, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I would have given it five stars if it had better options for breakfast. The Starbucks model seemed a little pricey. Overall a very nice hotel. Great staff. Great service. Excellent stay.

My son and I stayed here after a 40-mile bike ride along the Frisco Trail. The hot tub, comfy bed and warm shower were perfect after a long day on the trail. Less than a quarter mile from the trail head, the Courtyard had everything we desired.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Sunekdemos
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Isn't the Frisco Trail a hidden jewel? We have a lot of cyclists and runners come stay at the beginning or the end of their trip. I wish that you would have had a more enjoyable breakfast experience. Courtyard by Marriott desiged the Bistro for our health conscious travelers determined by a focus group of frequent guests. The items on our menu will always be made fresh to order and nutritional information will be posted or available.

Thank you for your kind remarks. I will share your comments with our staff.

Shelley Copeland, General Manager

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a typical Courtyard Marriott, but was recently renovated to a much better caliber. It has a spectacular lobby, with a fire pit right outside. The rooms were well appointed, but the furniture is somewhat low end, so uncomfortable.

The service was great, with a good dinner recommendation (Springfield Brewing Company), and a quick change of room when the wedding party below our window started getting rowdy.

The only drawback was that it is a 10 minute drive from downtown where all the restaurants are. This doesn't seem bad, except when you just drove 14 hours from Pittsburgh. Also, the entrance ramp to the hwy was closed, so we had to drive a few miles on the surface streets to get back on. (kinda defeated the purpose of being right off the highway.

I would recommend this hotel for a night, but next time I am in Springfield, I will definitely get something closer to downtown to save another 30 minutes of driving at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway, it will be quieter and away from the rowdy crowd at the fire p...
4  Thank AZSage
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

AZSage: Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel and providing helpful tips to travelers like yourself. We are so proud to be able to offer excellent service. I will share your kind comments with the staff. We love the relaxed area the hotel is in, but it does require about a 10 minute drive to get directly into the downtown area where the restaurant and clubs are located. I hope you will stay again if you are looking for a hotel with quick access to the highway system.

Shelley Copeland, General Manager

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was a road trip to get away. Springfield was a nice drive so we decided to go. The hotel staff was very professional and friendly. The room was vey nice and clean. We used the hot tub and it felt great. I used the exercise equipment and it was top notch. There is highway noise, but I ran the fan and didn't 't hear it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank KSPam
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

KSPam,
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding our Hotel & Staff. I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff. I also appreciate each of their committment to service and exceeding the expectations of each guest. I hope you will visit our hotel again if you travel to Springfield.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We arrived Sat., Sept 29 with lost luggage and while the staff offered us toothpaste and mouthwash and were very solicitous, they could not provide us with toothbrushes at 11 pm. I found out later when we arrived back on Oct 7 that they had been out for 2 weeks. So although the hotel offered excellent accommodations, great food in the bistro, wonderful staff, there was this one flaw. I would definitely stay there again when we visit Branson but I will make sure my toiletries are complete in my carry on bag.

Room Tip: This was very close to airport and had complimentary shuttle.
5  Thank Nomad453

Nomad 453,

I appreciate your review of our hotel during your recent stay to Springfield. I also apologize that we did not have a toothbrush to get you through your stay. We clearly overlooked the toothbrush shortage when we inventoried our "forget something supplies". I assure you it is our standard is to always have these items on hand for our guests. Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our Staff, Hotel, and Services. I hope you will stay again soon.

Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Arrived at the property at 10 pm at the same time a team bus arrived and the check-in was seamless. The front desk was quick and professional which is something I rarely see in most American hotels.
The lobby was clean and very modern and the cafe had a nice selection of food and drinks.
My room on the second floor was very clean. Everything worked as advertised. The WIFI was a bit slow but can't complain since it's free. The hotel was also very quiet which was nice.
Overall, this property is a great choice to stay at when in the Springfield area.

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank GlenJMart
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

We would love for you to stay with us again! Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our staff, products, and services. We are proud to be a hotel that can provide an excellent stay for our guests.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed here 9/16/2012-9/19/2012. First room we went into had a bad odor. Rooms are none smoking smelt like someone didn't follow the rules. Staff provided us with a larger king suite. This room was ok, very outdated, air conditioner in living area did not work and tub did not drain. They made lots of improvements to the Lobby and added the Bistro...but all rooms need a facelift. 80's dated. Staff was very friendly and helpful especially a young man named Josh. Love staying at Courtyards but would not return to this one.

4  Thank Ray H

Ray H,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Springfield Airport. I wish you would have had a better experience at our hotel. It is true, we are fully a nonsmoking hotel and committed to providing a clean and fresh room regardless of the previous occupant. We are also planning a rooms remodel now with all of the design elements and products selected. We look forward to having rooms completed this time next year. Please contact us when you are in the area again and we will see if we have the new modern product to show you.

I have taken an opportunity to commend Josh on the service he provided you. Thank you again for your comments.