“One of my favorite places in town”
Review of THAI PEPPER

THAI PEPPER
Ranked #231 of 693 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Thai
Description: THIS IS A TERRIFIC RESTAURANT WHICH WE HAVE FREQUENTED MANY TIME OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS- FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED AND VERY BUSY! WAS SURPRISED TO SEE IT NOT LISTED 417-882-1979 LADDA IS OWNER/OPERATOR
Reviewed May 21, 2014

And easily the best Thai in town. The hardest part is catching them when they are open! They have really odd hours and open and close multiple times throughout the day. The drunken noodle is absolutely amazing. Have them throw a little extra spice on it. Also, the tofu triangles? Holy crap! Also, the prices are great!

There are newer reviews for THAI PEPPER

Reviewed April 26, 2014

It kind of looks like a hole-in-the-road, but it is very quaint on the inside. The service was probably slow by most service standards (took about 10 minutes to get a drink order, and 30-45 minutes before we got our food), but it was also quite busy for a Friday night, and there were only 2 servers. We had the fresh spring rolls and peanut sauce for an appetizer (very good). I ordered the pad thai, and my sister ordered a chicken dish with green beans and zucchini in a chili garlic sauce (forgot what it was called). I think my food could have packed a little more heat, but it had a nice flavor, and the tofu was perfectly cooked (the leftovers were also reaaaally good cold). Our server was very friendly, and she checked back on us as often as she could. We will be back again, but I think I will try something different instead of the pad thai.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

On return from an our of town business trip, we were craving Thai cuisine. Trip advisor recommendation led us to this treasure of international flavor which was quite a surprise from the unassuming exterior. Once through the door, we immediately could understand the high reviews. The true Thai interior with both family sized or couple ready cherry tables was accented with Asian decor. We had spring rolls, rice and chicken soup, with a main entree of Pad Thai. Not only was the food amazingly delicious but the presentation was equal to what you might expect of a higher end restaurant. I would definitely recommend this as the "go-to" Thai Restaurant of Southwest Missouri.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We've always had at least one meal here when we're in Springfield. Each time over the past 5-6 years, it has become less and less appealing. The Thai spring rolls have remained consistently excellent but the other dishes have become bland and nothing special. In fact, we quit ordering one of our "regular" dishes and began to try others. I hate to write this but we won't return.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

My test of a good Thai restaurant is its Tom Khar Gai. They passed with flying colors! Served in a flaming chafing pot the coconut soup was full of very tasty ingredients. Highly recommended. Thank you trip adviser.