“Salsa Disappointment”

Mexican Villa
Ranked #193 of 695 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I love Mexican, so I'm a little picky when it comes to my choice of restaurants. Mexican Villa is known for their salsa, which I extremely disliked. Instead of a spicy kick of tomato and cilantro, I got a mouth-full of a thin sweet sauce. Not my idea of good Mexican. The service was fast though, and I know many of my friends in town LOVE it.

3  Thank Sandi B
There are newer reviews for Mexican Villa

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We barely made it out the door to be humiliated in the parking lot, by puking up our dinner!

2  Thank Lorna B
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We don't really have any decent Mexican Restaurant's in Springfield..too bad...the foold was bland, bland, bland...did I say bland? I don't get the thrill of that place and haven't been back. There cheese dip is made from powder....really....gross.

2  Thank Christina R
Reviewed June 22, 2012

If you're from south Texas or California, you will probably complain...but to us Missourians, Mexican Villa is the #1 source for tasty Mexican Food. Burrito Enchilado style is the cornerstone...I like the beef tostados with a little sweet sauce over the top. I have been opening my sinuses withthe Mexican Villa hot sauce for over 30 years now! I have eaten food in old Mexico from the Yucatan, Guadalajara, to Mexico City and i prefer Mexican Villa, anyday!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

The only people that you will find that like Mexican Villa are from the Springfield MO area originally. Anyone that has had more southwestern flavor mexican food does not care for Mexican Villa.

1  Thank Dede V