“Nice experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is one of the nicer ones in Springfield. I have stayed here on more than one occasion The staff is always friendly. The rooms are clean and new. The breakfast buffet could be improved with fresher pastry options. The big upside in my opinion is that the hotel is located on the south side of town, which is the nicer side and is close to many attractions (mall, restaurants, nature conservatory, etc).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Megan C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you Brad for commenting on the property, I have passed on the great comments to all of our employees. I also have shared your comments with the Executive Chef, they are made from scratch pastries but he is going to investigate. Thank you for choosing us during your stay here, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The value was great, the rooms were very clean and the staff was so friendly. Room service was very prompt and the indoor pool was a lot of fun for the kids. Check out was at a decent time and we were able to request a late check out. I definitely recommend this to anyone staying in the area, even just for the night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to give awesome feedback!!! I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy all the amenities the property has to offer and had great experiences with them! We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Hotel is nice, but they missed the mark in my opinion for business traveler. Poor lighted rooms small bathroom with toilet right in front of sink. I don't understand why new properties choose this floor plan where you squeeze up against a toilet to brush your teeth.. Also they use high efficiency toilets that you have to flush 3 times to get to work. Beds are uncomfortable in my opinion.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark S
Megan C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here at Hilton Garden Inn, I apologize that it was not as what you expected. We are always grateful for feedback, especially on our GOLD LEED Amenities on property. Any recommendations and comments are taken in to consideration and are discussed during our Green Meetings with our managers each month; we try to figure a way so that these requirements do not affect our guests stay as much as possible. As in regards to the beds we have just recently purchased for the property pillow top mattress covers on request. Thank you for staying with us and hope you may consider us if you are every back in Springfield and allow us to fix those issues that are ones that we can control.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've stayed all over ther world and the value and satisfaction I receive is exactly what I expect! Our Company always chooses Hilton Garden Inn because when we have a company-wide business meeting the last thing we want to worry about is accomodations.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for being such a loyal customer to both you and your company! That is our goal, to provide you with everything you may need during your stay in one place!

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is brand new- upon check in the clerk at the front desk greeted me after she stopped helping her boy friend do his home work. She looked up from their studies and hurriedly checked me in. This was early afternoon . I have diamond status with Hilton and am familiar with their policies , I am usually offered an upgrade . However I was not expecting in so I took the standard room they provided.
The room had a king bed , mini frig ad microwave , along with a flat screen tv. There were a few restaurant within driving distance as well as a Walmart and a few fast food joints including chic fil a. There was a college basketball game that I wanted to watch in TV that evening - I checked and made sure it was going to be shown in espn. I decided to go get a a few beers some fast food and stay in for the night and do some extra work.

Approximately 5 minutes before the game came the cable went out. I called the front desk and asked if hey were aware of it. They could not give me a time that it would be turned back on. She advised I could come down to the bar - they ha a separate satellite tv service there. but couldn't promise to change the TV to the game - I asked if there was a TV in the lobby, she said yes but was not allowed to change the channel. Needless to say I was disappointed . This was a huge rivalry game - duke vs UNC. I had already had a couple of beers and did not think I should drive to a local sports bar.

The game turned back on about half way through . I was thankful to see the remainder of the game.

The rest if the evening was uneventful. Quiet room - large king bed.

The next morning I took advantage of the breakfast buffet . They even had a station for home made omelets. That did not turn out I well either . After waiting for 5 minutes for the chef to return I ate from the other prepared food. Breakfast was a bit pricey $15 - and I remembered that I was suppose give a breakfast voucher as a diamond Hilton member. I thought since it was a business trip it wasn't that big of a deal.

I checked out of the hotel and thought nothing of it again until I receive an invitation for a survey on the hotel.

I filled it out honestly as I did in my write up here. A few days later I receive a combative email filled with excuses on why the service was not up to par. No apology or anything like it.

This is not the normal service I receive from the hotel chain - as it turns out the front desk clerk that checked me in was the manager that responded to my survey. I emailed Hilton corporate office informing them of the type of response I got from the survey and to date have not heard any response from them.

I still am loyal to the brand , but will not stay at this property again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank thebiigtoe
Megan C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit your concerns, I have contacted you through TripAdvisor and am hoping to talk to you in person on the issues you experienced during your stay. I look forward to speaking with you and hope that we can get some feedback so we can avoid these type situations and use them as a learning/training tools.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

At the Springfield HGI for a couple days on business. The staff was warm and welcoming, the breakfast in the morning in the lobby was outstanding. Even a gym and indoor pool. However, they have these airbed type mattresses controlled by a dial that is supposed to either make the mattress firm or soft. I had 2 queen beds in my room with dials on both sides of each that did not do anything. Checked for something unplugged. Set each of the 4 dials on different settings. But both beds remained as hard as the floor. So both beds were like sleeping on bricks, even on the softest setting. I inquired at the front desk and they told me that I am not the first to have such an issue and that they were losing lots of guests because of the new beds. My business companions in their rooms shared the same misery. Sorry guys, but all the wonderfull hospitality does not make up for a poor nights sleep.

1  Thank Aaayron

I am sorry to hear that you had a rough night sleep here at the Hilton Garden Inn; we have recently noticed some comments on our websites about the beds not being as soft as some may like. We have gone in to those comments and tracked the rooms of these guests’ comments to make sure all is working properly on the Garden Sleep System beds. The beds are working as they were intended to however; we do understand that some guests enjoy something that may provide a bit more cushion to their sleep. In order to accommodate the request we have purchased pillow tops that we can place on your bed per your request during your stay. If you are passing through Springfield please allow us to provide you with this accommodation and let us know what you think, any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Was a very nice and beautiful hotel. Looked like it was more expensive than it was! Rooms were clean, staff was nice and attached restaurant was convenient. Would recommend to others as well as stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for recommending Hilton Garden Inn Springfield as a property to stay at when you are traveling through Springfield. We greatly appreciated the positive response, I will make sure to pass this on to the rest of the HGI team.