“Best Mexican in Springfield”
Review of El Sombrero

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Sombrero
Ranked #110 of 695 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

You can not go wrong going to "the hat"! Food is always super! Staff friendly, not overpriced. Our sons roommate told us about it and now we recommend it to everyone!

There are newer reviews for El Sombrero

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Delicious food, courteous and attentive service. Open to special orders, and try hard to please. For comment last this time last year about decline in quality: Not to worry ... new owners and managers have brought it up two notches. I recommend El Sombrero if you are in Springfield and want great Mexican.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

The food was good, hot, and large portions. The rice was very good, well seasoned, not too dry and not dripping. My Chicken Chimichanga was average with a good crunch on the outside. The staff is very friendly and speak English fluently. The prices were a little cheaper than most places and the decor is very nice, there are large paintings of fruit.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The margaritas here are pretty good. The chicken fajitas were alright, the chicken could have been seasoned a little more. Dinner prices were average. Very friendly staff.

1  Thank Totosma
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I just ate there for the first time this week. I had never heard of it but there are at least two restaurants in town. The one I ate at was this one on Battlefield. Since I can speak Spanish I spoke that language in the restaurant. First of all, I knew it was authentic when I walked in and saw the menu. It is very extensive and has things on it that most Mexican restaurants don't have. I was really surprised to see octopus on it because that is something that is typical in Spain.

Our waiter was from Guadalajara. I would recommend the fajitas. What we ordered was a special for two. The portions were muy generous. Good bang for your buck for good tasting food. Oh, sports was on in Spanish on one television.