“Consistently Good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Springfield,MO
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and I ate here some time ago and commented how much we enjoyed the food. It's closer to the Mexican food we ate in Albuquerque for many years than any of the other places here in Springfield. Yesterday we stopped by again for lunch and it was still good. I had their special burrito which was large, had real shredded beef inside, topped with a lot of melted cheeze and was quite tasty. My wife had the Fish Taco's and was not quite as excited as I was about the burrito but I'm not quite sure she was as hungry for Mexican food that day as I was.

Only problem was the background music, young singers who do nothing but essentially scream, did not fit with the rest of the work they had done on the decor. A few more Mexican songs or at least guitar solos would be a lot more appropriate!

• Visited December 2013

Springfield, Missouri
“Disappointment all around”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I went here with my husband to enjoy some mexican food. Was very disappointed. The salsa was bland and the chips had no salt on them. The margaritas were only ok. The food was very bland with no spice. The rice was not at all like mexican rice. The refried beans were not good at all. The burrito I ordered was very small, not much filling, and the sauce on top was only ok. I love mexican food and was sorely disappointed. We ordered a cheese dip for "dessert" to try to get something good to say. That was the only good thing we got. The waitress we had was trying to keep up with our drinks but often got them mixed up or wrong. We both had dark soda and she brought us tea and a white soda at one point.

• Visited October 2013
“Sad how downhill the food has went here”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I go here for the chicken picado. Hadn't been here in over a year. The refried beans had a bad burnt taste. Mexican rice had little flavor. Chicken picado was not the flavor it used to be. Salsa was bland. It all tasted kinda commercial like if you know what I mean. Just disappointing after going there for years. I will say the service was very good and fast. The place was very clean. Just way off on the flavor.

• Visited November 2013
Stotts City, Missouri, United States
“Right around the corner from the theater”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband & I eat here all the time when we're going to the movies - Campbell 16 is just around the corner. They've got great food and wonderful service!

Visited February 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Nice Place To Dine!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

When I travel with my "traveling salesman" husband, I try to be the one who chooses where to eat. Carlos O'Kelly's is our lunch stop en route to OK. The food is different and interesting. Hot salsa available for the asking and it was hot. Made my jalapeños like pickles! Chips are thin, fresh and warm. All round good food, pretty inside with great bar. Sure dinner/happy hour is good, too.

• Visited April 2013