“Good business dinner outing”
Review of Ocean Zen - MOVED

Ocean Zen
Cuisines: Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Evanston, Illinois
“Good business dinner outing”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had no reservation and yet we were immediately seated next to the aquarium wall. One colleague is allergic to shell fish so our server, Anne, was able to determine whether our sushi order contains shell fish or not. Our order was tasty and delicious. The service was quick and Anne was friendly and attentive to our table. We had a good dining experience.

• Visited September 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Quality sushi in Springfield”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was here for lunch with a business associate (he is local and knows it) and the food and service were very good. We were promptly seated and decided to share some rolls and edamame. Sushi quality was very good, ambience was fun...we sat next to a tropical fish aquarium, so that was weird having fish staring at us while we at their brethren.

One thing I noticed: almost every sushi roll has avocado in it (and many with cream cheese!)...but our server assured us that all items are made to order and can be customized.

• Visited July 2013
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
“good rolls”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had 3 rolls and all were very good, service and atmosphere also good. Rolls range from $5 to $15. Well worth it.

Visited July 2013
NEW CITY
“Dont miss this in Springfield”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Dont miss this gem when you are in Springfield, Mo. This is definitely a 5 star restaurant. The service was excellent. The meal and presentation left nothing to be desired. We had Mongolian Ribs for an appetizer and my husband had the Dancing Monkey Sushi. Both were tops and beautifully presented. Our dinners were the Hibachi Grilled Salmon and the Ahi Tuna. Perfect. The waiter gave us a heads up about the chocolate souffle which takes 20 minutes to prepare. It comes with delicious vanilla bean ice cream. This definitely was NOT the microwave kind. We are from NY where we have experienced the best in dining and this restaurant can certainly compete in the BIg Apple. Dont pass this one up.

• Visited July 2013
“A sushi lover's delight”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My son tried several types of sushi and loved all of them. The waiter was very professional and knowledgeable about the menu items and was able to make helpful suggestions about what best aligned with what my son was looking for. I am not a sushi fan and found the menu to not have many shrimp or crab options. However, the waiter helped me create my own dinner that was delicious. I thought I was settling for an okay meal, but it ended up being fabulous. I wondered about them putting the vegetables that they had stirfried in sweet teriyaki sauce over the garlic mashed potatoes, but it was actually very tasty like that. The restaurant prides itself on presentation--the meals were colorful and plated beautifully. We were too full for dessert.

• Visited June 2013