“Awesome Pizza!”

Pizza House
Ranked #21 of 699 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Looked at other reviewers on this and thought I'd give it a try. The location seemed alittle sketchy but very worth it. Thin crust, four meat,9", was just the right size for me at about$10.50. I acted like I've never eaten. My daughter got the cheese thin and we both loved em. When back in the area in June this will be high on our list. Keep doing what you do best.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I loved this place when my wife took me there for the first time last week. The pizza is delicious and reasonably priced. The crust isn’t what I’d call “cracker-crisp” thin crust, as it is less crispy than a lot of other pizzas I’ve had. That observation certainly isn’t meant to say that their food is not great! I like New York style the best, but Pizza House’s Tavern Style pizza is a close second! The location is great, in a historic location, as well as still having the original juke box inside. I just love this place, and you’d be doing yourself a big favor by going there.

1  Thank toddgak
Reviewed December 12, 2013

If you like cracker crust pizza, then this is the spot! Great atmosphere and friendly staff serve up great super thin crust pizza. Not a lot of frills here and no alcohol but when the pizza is this good you don't need anything else.

1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Do you love your pizza with a thin and crispy brick-oven-baked crust, deliciously fresh ingredients, and friendly and fast service? GO HERE. Seriously the best pizza we ate at a great price, too! Our party had adults and kids, and everyone is still raving about the taste. Word to the 21 an older crowd, they don't serve beer here BUT none of us cared given the great local atmosphere and delicious pizza. Their side salads are great, too! A 13" pizza will feed two hungry people. Since the crust is so thin you can eat more without feeling full. Yes! TIP-get extra cheese. It's only $0.69 to add extra and it really makes t even better. The hamburger topping tastes very fresh and not frozen/pre-made. I wish we had Pizza House in our city!

1  Thank Alexis H
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Often copied but never mastered, Pizza House has been around as long as I can remember and that's over 50 years. Reason? They do what they do extremely well and don't try to be something they're not. Other pizza restaurants have tried to copy them but Pizza House is still the favorite. The ingredients are tasty and well-proportioned to the crust and piping hot out of the oven. Just perfect.
For decades they were in an old strip mall behind a gas station and people braved the smokey atmosphere for that delicious, thin crust pie. Then the rotten landlord gave them the boot and they ended up north on Commercial Street. Thank you, landlord, because the place is better than ever in a nice, historic building. Now the smoke billowing from their pizza ovens is not noticeable thanks to the high ceilings but the fine aroma is.
Split an awesome pizza with your dolly with a couple of salads and have a grand time. If you're really hungry, double up.

1  Thank ShowMeVegas