“Traveling Salesman”

Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Gurnee, Illinois
“Traveling Salesman”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Great thin crust! No alcohol!
They were not very busy but offer an outstanding pizza. Atmosphere is very "pizza parlor" like minus the electronic games. I have to believe this is the atmosphere they are going for but with the quality of the pizza and lack of patrons the night I'm here; someone is missing out!

• Visited September 2013

“Best pizza in Springfield”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The Pizza House is the best place for pizza in Springfield. They serve thin crust pizza and the atmosphere is nice too.

• Visited July 2013
Springfield, Missouri
“Best Pizza, Atmosphere and Service”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you live in Springfield or are visiting and love great pizza, be sure to go to the Pizza House. 58 years and STILL ROLLING. The atmosphere is very eclectic and the pizza is very unique and always fresh - no preservatives here! This place is a tradition in Springfield -- and a good tradition!! The owner is on premise and the staff seems like family. Very friendly and they know their customers by name (or at least their face). They serve thin, burnt edge, delicious pizza...Try it, you'll love it!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank SteveandBeverly
Arnold, Missouri
“YUM”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Really good place to eat pizza, excellent pizza! Not the biggest place to eat, but plenty of room and good service!

Visited June 2013
Roeland Park, Kansas
“I don't love pizza, but I loved this pizza!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

True. I go to a pizza place, smell the oregano, garlic and tang of melted cheese and think to myself, "I hope they serve lasagna!"
I am just not a big fan of pizza.
We were in Springfield, Missouri after a little visit to Fantastic Caverns and our routine on road trips is to have pizza the first night.
We found the Pizza House after trying for a different restaurant and not finding it. Luck was on our side. I ordered the big salad that had pepperoni & cheese in it, thinking, I won't eat the pizza.
The guys ordered a sausage & pepperoni pizza. With the thin & crispy crust, cut into little squares, not slices, I thought I'd suffer through a bite off the edge.
Suffer?
Oh. My. God. This stuff was good. There was something beautiful and tasty about the crispiness of the crust and the flavor of the cheese and sauce. It made me realize that what I dislike about pizza in general is the crust. It's usually too thick and doughy, taking away from the flavor of the toppings.
This pizza was out of this world!
And the service was friendly and helpful. We asked where we should go for ice cream afterwards and our waitress immediately gave us a great suggestion. Next review: Andy's!

• Visited July 2013