“Price/Value is close to target.”

Best Budget Inn Springfield
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Quiet. Clean carpet, corners, bathroom exhaust, bathtub, sink, towels, bed linen, pillow cases, fridge, microwave and in-wall heating/cooling unit. Comfortable bed. Reclining chair. Two dining chairs. One desk chair. Modern Flat Screen TV. Ceramic tile at entry way. WiFi worked in October 2013 but not in March 2014. Friendly owners.

A note about cleanliness: When arriving early in the day, the parking lot is very clean, no papers or cigarette butts. The grass areas are free of pet waste. In the morning when leaving there are paper, cups, and cigarette butts in the parking lot and the grass has pet waste. These people care and get it clean again before the next arrival time.

Two areas for improvement would be to weather strip the entry doors, and replace the loose electrical outlets.

I WILL stay there again if I can get a reliable Internet connection.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
11  Thank Joe S

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My mom and I and my three kids were on a cross country road trip when we stopped here. It was late and we needed a place to stay and I was wanting a place we could just pull up to the door and unload our stuff. So I passed the bigger hotels and found this little place. It didn't look like much on the outside but there were flowers on the porch which were obviously well tended. The owner was very nice and the price was great! Then we got to our room. This room was AMAZING! This hotel has apparently been around for over 60 years! It has obviously been cared for and the owner was very proud of it. He told us that he tried to keep the original hotel look and I would definitely call it vintage. The tiles in the bathroom cracked me up because they were definitely from another era. There was obvious pride and care in the place because it wasn't worn down. The room was HUGE! In previous hotel rooms we had been packed in like sardines with a pack and play and two other kids and my mom. This room had two beds, a couch, a bench, a desk, several chairs, and tons of floor space. It was amazing! It also had a fridge which was brand new. It was super clean too! I even trusted the bathtub to put my kids in without a pre-rinse. The bathroom was also pretty big with a long counter for all my stuff. I still can't get over how nice and spacious that hotel was! It was a wonderful stay and I highly encourage anyone who is in that area to bypass the larger motels and stop here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The motel is good. The bathrooms are clean, as well as the rooms. However, the internet connection was very bad. Non-existent actually.
Besides that, the motel is all you expect from it: near the freeway, ample parking space, all necessary commodities.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to reception, to get wifi
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
9  Thank NicolasLC
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I stayed there. It is not pretty outside but the rooms are very clean and well furnished. I had everything I needed to stay for a night. Overall room and service quality was much better then in most of chain motels I stayed before.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Aliaksandr K
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Even though I paid for a single, the manager put me in a large room at the same price since I asked to be closer to the Internet router. The room was well furnished, very clean, with everything I could think of and a few I would not have. Manager very helpful. Wonderful night's sleep.

Hope I run into more places like this in my travels!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank smckay1066
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Room was clean. Nothing fancy. The air conditioning was having a hard time keeping up with the humidity. Had booked online and the innkeeper kept telling me I didn't have a reservation... this was 3 or 4 times before she looked at the fax on the machine and there it was! DUH

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
7  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Best Budget Inn Hotel at 4433 W chestnut Expressway, Springfield MO 65802 ---has extremely disgusting rooms. At first everything seems fine until you start to look around the room. the walls and doors are covered in filth, dirt grime, something that looked like blood, etc... As my boyfriend and I were getting ready for bed I noticed a cockroach on the mini fridge next to the bed I was on. At first I just had my boyfriend kill it. As we started to look around the room we both noticed many more cockroaches starting to come out of different places. There were at least 4 that we killed before we started packing up all of our things to leave. As we were packing we noticed many different kinds of cockroaches starting to crawl on the walls, the microwave and the mini fridge--All different sizes. We demanded to get our money back and let the owners know their room was infested with bugs. They denied any such accusations. We offered to take them to the room to show them the proof and they rudely declined. We were given $25 of our $67.99 back in cash. We left disgusted and ticked off. I would love for someone to go in and check this place out. Roaches cause massive amounts of issues for the surrounding communities. I can only imagine what is lurking inside those walls. And just so you know, I have traveled the US the past 2 years and have stayed in motels, some of lower class,and this is by far the most disgusting motel I have ever stayed at. Our room # was 117 I think...DONT STAY HERE!! ITS NOT WORTH IT!!

Room Tip: there was a quality inn or a budget inn right next door--stay there..
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple